Late Night Bistro

coops

What is the late night bistro all about? I hear they have linens and table service after 11 but last year on the CB we could never find anything like that. All we could find after midnight was left over food and some pizza. It looked old. Thanks.

Dawn

Supposedly one of the buffets sets up a small area with linen and waiter service from 11:00 PM to approx 3:00 AM. I would check both the Horizon and Caribe buffet areas. DH and I always say we will try this, however, are wiped out from our excursions and never make it past 11.

I don’t think there is a charge. I have never been but my friends have - I can't imagine eating a steak at that hour let alone after a big cruise ship dinner. I did like the Crown though with the International Café in the atrium - those hot cookies were good 24/7. And the sandwiches that they offered were also tasty - and fresh.

Last week on the Caribbean Princess we went to the late night bistro a few times. It's located in the Cafe Caribe portion of the Horizon Court. One section of tables is left open for people who want to go through the buffet. Another section has linens, china, and glassware, with waiter service, and you order ala carte off a set menu. The grilled salmon with barbecue sauce was delicious and the dark chocolate and white chocolate mousse was a fabulous nightcap! There is no extra charge. This is all part of the 24-hour food service that's available as part of your cruise.

Last week on the Caribbean Princess we went to the late night bistro a few times. It's located in the Cafe Caribe portion of the Horizon Court. One section of tables is left open for people who want to go through the buffet. Another section has linens, china, and glassware, with waiter service, and you order ala carte off a set menu. The grilled salmon with barbecue sauce was delicious and the dark chocolate and white chocolate mousse was a fabulous nightcap! There is no extra charge. This is all part of the 24-hour food service that's available as part of your cruise.

Kerry&LuAnn, I'm drooling over the thought of the dark chocolate and white chocolate mousse.

The Bistro has been a hit or miss for us on our last few Princess cruises. Although they advertise it on all ships it seems to depend on the cruise and/or F&B manager. On the Star last year we tried on several nights to eat there but was told it wasn't available. On the Golden pretty much the same scenario although it was island night when we asked so that was a "special" situation.

Good luck. :)

Archived