Reading Material

Mably

OK..I am heading out on the Mariner for the April 8th Easter Cruise and would love to take some good reading material with me! I am looking for something light and comedic if possible. I love Janet Evanovich but have read everything she has published. Does anyone have any great authors or titles they can recommend....expecailly with a cruise theme?

Thanks so much,

Mary

Hi

If you are a Janet E fan then I would highly recommend Sarah Stromeyer's Bubbles series.

It is very funny and an easy read. The series is set in the Leigh Valley of Pennsylvania - Bubbles is an over the top character that just makes you laugh.

Enjoy your trip.

Hi Jen - I have just finished Sisters by D Steel. It was a nice light book typically Danielle Steel. It was quite short so if you are a quick reader like me take a few books. Have you tried Jodi Picoult - she wrote My Sisters Keeper?

Happy Cruise

Hi Jen - I have just finished Sisters by D Steel. It was a nice light book typically Danielle Steel. It was quite short so if you are a quick reader like me take a few books. Have you tried Jodi Picoult - she wrote My Sisters Keeper?

Happy Cruise

Thanks for that review. I only read fast if I'm interested in it. I'm thinking of also reading the book, Curise Diaries, that someone mentioned in an earlier thread. I haven't read, My Sisters Keeper, may try that one too. Thanks again!!

Happy Cruise

By the same author - The Plain Truth

Also...anything by Elizabeth Berg - nice light sweet stories.

Have lots of fun!!!!

These are older books, but...

"The end of the road" by Tom Bodett ("Motel 6" guy)

"A Few Minutes with Andy Rooney"

and "... and more by Andy Rooney"

Then there are a couple by Paul Harvey with may of his "rest of the story" (He writes under a different name for some reason)

All of these re short stories that can be read without trying to remember and follow along with the story. Tom Bodett's are related stories, but all are stories by them self.

Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen is a good book to read while cruising :)

Second vote for Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen!!

Third vote for Skinny Dip. Took it on one of my Alaska cruises by recommendation from these boards (because of the "cruise" theme :p ;)) and got totally hooked on Carl Hiaasen. Hysterical characters and storylines. :D He's got quite a few books out (maybe 10??) so if you like Skinny Dip that gives you a whole series of books to plow through. :)

I'm also a big Janet Evanovich fan so I'm off to check out Sara Strohmeyer after reading this thread. I've only got a couple more Hiaasen books left to read so I'll be ready to move on soon.

I always find it kind of sad when I finish the last book available by a favorite author so I'm really glad to find a new lead. Thanks!

I always recommend Alisa Allan's cruise novels. Very light and easy and the bonus is all 6 books she has out right now feature a cruise:p . Most of the islands in them I've been to or are going so it makes it extra cool. She has a website www.AlisaAllan.com to check the titles out and you can get them online or at bookstore.

I have Marley and Me as a read and I must be the only one in the world that hasn't read the Janet Evanovich series but I plan to this summer.

Third vote for Skinny Dip. Took it on one of my Alaska cruises by recommendation from these boards (because of the "cruise" theme :p ;)) and got totally hooked on Carl Hiaasen. Hysterical characters and storylines. :D He's got quite a few books out (maybe 10??) so if you like Skinny Dip that gives you a whole series of books to plow through. :)

I'm also a big Janet Evanovich fan so I'm off to check out Sara Strohmeyer after reading this thread. I've only got a couple more Hiaasen books left to read so I'll be ready to move on soon.

I always find it kind of sad when I finish the last book available by a favorite author so I'm really glad to find a new lead. Thanks!

I didn't realize Carl had other books! Thanks for the suggestions I need a new book for my trip to Denver on Wednesday :D

###

Archived