Our First Cruise!!!

KyleesMom

We I decided to try it out and we are booked for our first cruise in april!! We will be traveling with our 23 month old DD, and I am still unsure if this is going to be a good thing! Heres to luck!! LOL

Happy Cruising!

Tiffany

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise. I've been on two so far, and absolutely loved both of them. My upcoming cruise in December will be the first with my DD who will have just turned two. I can hardly wait. I know she's going to love it. I've been spending lots of time researching what to expect when cruising with a toddler and have found the family board here especially helpful. I think the key for me is to know that this next cruise won't be quite as laid-back and relaxing as the past two, but I think it will be a wonderful family vacation.

our little one was 23 months on her first cruise and had a great time. So did we, even though she was one month too young to be in Camp Carnival. The waitstaff doted on her (she got literally carried away on some of the dinnertime parades...and loved it). She enjoyed the production show, even though we did sit far back, just in case she didn't. She enjoyed exploring the ship. The key is planning.

As I said, planning is the key. You can do a search here (good luck tho' as many times the search function doesn't work) for a packing list or check cruise diva dot com to see if they have one for toddlers.

We drove to the port for our girl's first cruise. If you're flying, try to get into NO the day before and plan a shopping trip for those essentials that you need: Cheerios (the ship may stock Kelloggs cereal), sippy cup, trial size dishwashing detergent to clean the toddler's eating essentials, diapers or pullups (the ship may not stock your child's size), etc. It's quite possible that Carnival will have pack n' plays instead of a toddler's bed but definitely double check (and get in writing) that you have a pnp reserved for you. Don't expect Carnival to allow your child into the kids' program (insurance reasons may be the primary reason), but that shouldn't stop your child from having fun. You may be able to go in the room and stay with your daughter while she plays.

Archived