Room service tipping

If you get room service, do you tip when you get the food or do you wait til the end of the cruise? Who brings you the room service?

It's customary to tip room service personell at the time of service ( when deliver your items) at least that's what I do. I assumed everyone did that

Only Cunard and Princess arguable include the room service tipping within the daily rate. No other cruise line that I know of does so for the most part Room service should be tipped.....in my opinion. You really need to be cruiseline specific about this as all are different. My answer on Princess was to princess only.

We always tip when we get the food/drinks. Our last cruise 11 days I only remember seeing the same person 2X.

We had an awesome server in the Main Dining room who also worked the room service some of the time, she was always sending us treats. We would get back to the cabin mid afternoon and there would be cream brulee waiting for us or some other treat, so in this case we tipped her extra at the end of the cruise since we knew she was doing it and we were not in the cabin when it was delivered.

Bev

I tip the RCI Room Service staff about $1-2 per plate, $2 minimum.

I get the money out because when they say it could take 15 minutes, sometimes they are there in 5!!!!

lol

And then they try and leave without getting a tip. So I have it ready for them. :( I miss room service!

We don't order room service very often, usually just when a little seasick, but we always give a tip of about $2. Usually it's just for some tea or rolls and green apples!! The employees on the ship all work so hard and try to make your stay wonderful.

Only Cunard and Princess arguable include the room service tipping within the daily rate. No other cruise line that I know of does so for the most part Room service should be tipped.....in my opinion. You really need to be cruiseline specific about this as all are different. My answer on Princess was to princess only.

When did Princess start this? I always tipped when they brought it to the room. I'm going over to see what they say:(

Archived