just back from waverunner excursion

cocoabeana

We just came back from our waverunner tour. I think I should tell you that alot of people fell off more than once. It is unusual but the day that we went it was extremely windy and rough. The waverunners were hard to operate and it was so bumpy that everyone was falling off. Including myself. We even rolled over going into stingray city when we were barely moving. We probably had worse wind than most people, but it is not impossible to fall off. Just so you know.

In my opinion they should have given us the option of cancelling because it was not enjoyable because we had to work so hard at driving the waverunner through the rough waters. Most of us couldn't move for 2 days we were so sore.

I think in good weather conditions it will be great. Just a warning, watch the wind and sea.

Have fun

Willy, I hope you have better weather too. I forgot to mention that the ship cancelled most of their excursions into stingray city because of the winds and rough seas. From what I heard the ones they kept open people were given the option to get there money back and most people did. It was beautiful and sunny just windy as all heck. I was surprised we even got into Grand Caymen, but where we docked wasnt bad it was once you got into the open ocean.

I am so sorry about the high winds the day of your excursion with the waverunners. I wonder if that was the Saturday we were at sea....it was so windy that day. Anyway, we went on this tour a couple weeks back now, and it was really, really fun. We've been on lots of tours, however, where the weather was not the best, and it's a bummer....did you have any problems with the tenders that day?

Did you book this through the cruisline or on your own? Also, do you know how old you have to be to drive them alone?

Thanks!

D

Booked through Island Marketing....there is information on their site. Sorry, don't know about age requirements, but they do allow two on a waverunner at a lower cost.

I booked through island marketing. We rode doubles and it was 70.00 pp.

Tendering in was no problem because we seemed to be on the other side of the island in a little cove that blocked alot of the wind. Once you got out on the open ocean though, it was windy and very choppy.

I am bummed out because I bet we would have loved it if it was a better weather day. It was on a Weds that we went, but the night before coming from Cozumel, the sustained winds on deck were over 50 mph. You couldn't even walk up there. It was crazy, but the ship didn't seem to rock much at all.

Sue

We were in Grand Caymen last Saturday. We booked the waverunners tour thru EBANKS we had a 9am time. When we got to the meeting place they said they could not take us out as it was just to windy. So we took Capt Marvins out to Stingray city, which was great but very rough then Capt Marvins droped us off at the pulbic beach where we meet up with John from ebanks tour and did a snorkle waverunner trip. We had a great time as the water was very smooth on that side of the island. We ended up having a great time doing both tours and was very happy that John did not think it was safe enough to go to stingray cityon the wave runners.

Laura

I'm on the CCl Imaginnation right now.

We booked for last Wednesday with Island Marketing, but it was 20+knot winds from the north so wem couldn 't make it too the rays. On the other side of Cayman, it wasn't as bad and wave runners were doing snorkeling tours,,,you just couldn't get out to the rays. WE did some snorkeling from shore, had a great time, but it was a little dissapointing not to see the rays. Guess it gives me an excuse to get back to Cayman!!

We just came back from our waverunner tour. I think I should tell you that alot of people fell off more than once. It is unusual but the day that we went it was extremely windy and rough. The waverunners were hard to operate and it was so bumpy that everyone was falling off. Including myself. We even rolled over going into stingray city when we were barely moving. We probably had worse wind than most people, but it is not impossible to fall off. Just so you know.

In my opinion they should have given us the option of cancelling because it was not enjoyable because we had to work so hard at driving the waverunner through the rough waters. Most of us couldn't move for 2 days we were so sore.

I think in good weather conditions it will be great. Just a warning, watch the wind and sea.

Have fun

CoCo - how neat to find a post from someone who lives in the next town over. I'm from Berkley MA. How did you like the Freedom? My husband and I went last June - we loved it. I'm heading out on the Expolrer in 3 weeks - thanks for the tip - hoping that the weather improves for our cruise. I did the waverunner at Labadee last June and loved it.

CoCo - how neat to find a post from someone who lives in the next town over. I'm from Berkley MA. How did you like the Freedom? My husband and I went last June - we loved it. I'm heading out on the Expolrer in 3 weeks - thanks for the tip - hoping that the weather improves for our cruise. I did the waverunner at Labadee last June and loved it.

I'm just a stone's throw away from both of you! :D

Hi Bailey, Wow that is a coincidence. We loved the Freedom. We have done all of the voyager class ships including the Explorer. We loved them too. But now that my H became addicted to the flowrider I am sure thats what we will be cruising on from now on.

I hope you have a great time on your cruise. I wish I was going again

Sue

heay cocoabeana,

what was the name of the resort that the excursiuon started from? Can't seem to get any info from the website. Also, did you stay at the resort after the excursion? They say you can stay there until the ship leaves port??

Sami, It was called the grand caymanian resort. It is a very quiet place. You are allowed to stay after your excursion and use the pool and stay on the beach. The beach was pretty rocky though but we did lay out there, they have chairs and hammocks. The pool area was very nice, quiet only about 2 people sitting out there. We were able to buy water in the lobby, but I am not sure if they have a restaurant or anything there.

Have fun

Sue

We were at the resort for a while before our waverunner tour started. They do have a restaurant - they even made us really good burgers at 10:30 a.m. their time, since we were on ship's time and ready for lunch. Pool is freshwater, which seemed so odd after the ship pools and the ocean!

Boy, am I glad we had a calm day for our tour! It was our first time on waverunners, and no one fell off, but it took some energy to stay on. Loads of fun.

Archived