Best Excursion Ever!!!!

overwhelmedwithoptions

Anyone looking for something to do in Belize:

coralbreezetours.com (Hammerhead Water Sports)

Shark Ray Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration

They take you out about 20 miles to Caye Caulker (an island of about 400 people). The guides are friendly and informative without making you feel like you are on a school field trip. The snorkeling was amazing. Lots of fish and a lot of variety - baracuda, lobster, jellyfish, crabs, eels. The coral reef was full of brightly colored living coral. We also did the stingrays in the Caymans and although they were bigger in the the Caymans, we saw a whole lot more of them in Belize. Our guide lured them in by cutting up sardines. First there was one, then 3, then 10, then 30. The water was almost black there were so many and she simply said, "Pools open." It was a little intimating at first but they worked hard to put us all at ease. It was really nice since there were only about a dozen of us so we all got a lot of one on one attention.

The tour included a meal at Caye Caulker which was very good, as well as time to explore the island. It was very rustic, but everyone was very friendly.

This was the first time either my husband or I had been in the ocean, much less snorkeling. The equipment was clean and easy to use and they made sure we were comfortable at all times. I ended up getting stung by a jellyfish and even that couldn't take away from this awesome experience. Besides, it makes a great story! (the guides put ointment on it and then ran all over the island to find such vinegar. they offered to pee on it, but I passed :))

I wish this port had been later in our cruise instead of our first stop. I didn't truly appreciate how amazing it was until later when I had something to compare it too. We also had stops in Cozumel, Caymans, and Costa Maya. Belize blew them all out of the water thanks to our great tour.

This tour was the highlight of our cruise and we will book our next cruise based on who will stop in Belize, but only if Hammerhead Water Sports can take us out again!

Hope this gives everyone some options besides cave tubing and ziplining!

Hi,

You guys wouldn't have just got off the EOS march 18th????

we were the family of 6 with my dh having the really bad Jelly fish sting!!

Yep! That was us. I got stung in the arm. Where the tenticals hit my arm, you could see the red marks for almost the whole week.

I think I remember your husband. Wasn't he the one that had the jellyfish wrapped around his wrist? Did your husband survive okay? My arm was sore but not bad enough to ruin anything for us. The vinegar really helped take the sting out of it.

Did you have as much fun as we did?

We have booked with them for the 3rd of April for the Caye Caulker day. We are so looking forward to exploring the island. We are passing on the snorkeling. I think we are going to rent a golf cart & relax, eat & enjoy. Looks nice from their website. They say we get back to the village with an hour to spare before tendering back to the Valor...is that about right? is there much shopping there?

They did stay on ship time, right? as we have been told they are 2 hrs behind. Thanks!

If I am correct - Belize is two hours behind (if your port is from florida). Belize is in the central time zone, plus they do not recognize daylight savings time. Just let them know when your boat's last tender is and they will be sure to get you back in plenty of time. The island is small and very easy to walk around so you probably won't need a golf cart. There are a few shops but like I said the island is quite small. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Yep! That was us. I got stung in the arm. Where the tenticals hit my arm, you could see the red marks for almost the whole week.

I think I remember your husband. Wasn't he the one that had the jellyfish wrapped around his wrist? Did your husband survive okay? My arm was sore but not bad enough to ruin anything for us. The vinegar really helped take the sting out of it.

Did you have as much fun as we did?

Oh Ya!

even with the trauma of jellyfish stings which btw my Hubby still has red marks from it was a bad one. we stopped in the pharmacy before going back to the ship and picked up some local Meds for it! the meds were the only thing that worked everything else topical burned like heck!

He wasn't feeling well that evening! Oral benedryl helped a little too! an Pain killers.

Anyhow we all had a super time and wished we had had more time on Caye Cauker looked like an amazing island!!

You guys were from MN like us? right?

Oh Ya!

even with the trauma of jellyfish stings which btw my Hubby still has red marks from it was a bad one. we stopped in the pharmacy before going back to the ship and picked up some local Meds for it! the meds were the only thing that worked everything else topical burned like heck!

He wasn't feeling well that evening! Oral benedryl helped a little too! an Pain killers.

Anyhow we all had a super time and wished we had had more time on Caye Cauker looked like an amazing island!!

You guys were from MN like us? right?

Yep! We are from Winona, MN. Two hours south of the Cities or 1/2 hour north of LaCrosse, WI. My arm still flares up from time to time, but a little vinegar and I am good to go. I heard it could be up to 4 weeks before it is all healed. I am sure your husband is going through a lot more pain......So, when are we going again????:p

Archived