Kids in one room, parents in another

roni

We're traveling on the Inspiration in November, and we booked our cabins with one adult and one teenager per cabin. Will Carnival allow us to switch at embarkation and have the adults together and the teens together, or will we have to switch on our own and worry about room key issues?

I do not have children...But my Brother and Sister-in-Law cruise and it was stated to them "officially" that there must be an adult in each of the rooms.

My Brother-in-Law told me that he didn't say anything, just did it once they were on the ship.

We did this back in 2000 on Fascination. At that time your room key and your sail and sign card were separate. I couldnot use the safe with my card was the only problem as far as that.

We did have an older "gentelman" bothering the girls offering to buy them drinks if they would go to his cabin. They did not tell us to after the cruise was over as they feared we would switch cabins and we would have. the problem was although we were all on upper deck they were on the opposite hallway where we could not keep an eye on them.

I have read a post here where a young girl in her early teens that some guy had bought her a drink and then threatened to tell her parents if she did not go to his cabin with him. Fortunately the girl had sense enough to fess up to her parents- then to be black mailed. So anyway I think separate cabins can work-just keep an eye on your kids and insite the cabins be close together.

i am going on miracle 8/21 - my nephew is coming with his girlfriend - he is 22 and she is 19 - carnival shows nephew in room with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend in room with my sister - i thought that would screw our luggage and sign and sail cards but everyone from previus messages say they don't do bed check so as long as they are near u - i just got nervous because of their sign and sail cards but u will be just fine -

According to Carnival's website, you are allowed to have the kid's in a separate cabin if they are your own children or grandchildren, so you should have no problem switching (assuming they are your kids or grandkids).

From Carnival's Website:

"Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

1) Parents that are traveling with their children in different staterooms. The bookings must be cross-referenced and documented that they are parents and children traveling together.

2) Grandparents that are traveling with their grandchildren in different staterooms. The bookings must be cross-referenced and documented that they are grandparents and grandchildren traveling together."...

Carnival will not "allow" you to be in seperate rooms, but you just make the switch once you are on board. No one will really mind unless your children are bad and have too much to drink in Mexico.

Kodiac :)

We are also on the Inspiration in November and our two sons will be in one cabin and the parents in the other. We will just make the switch on board.
Then get the steward to make the twins into a king in our room.

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=3][color=red]You can pull the switheroo if you want. Someone posted that Carnival will not allow you to book the rooms with kids in different cabins than the parents. Back in march we did indeed have our daughter in a different cabin than us. She is 11 and was in a cabin with her 11 year old friend. Both sets of parents had different cabins than the kids. We booked it that way. Never had to play switcheroo. Carnival clearly states on their website, as a previous poster copy/pasted, that you can indeed book your kids in separate cabins.[/color][/size][/font]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]Carnival's policy does allow children to be in a separate cabin from their parents but there are a few quirks to it.[/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]It can only be the children of the parents in the cabin. For example if your son is bringing a friend then they won't allow it. If it is your two children in the cabin it is ok.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]They also don't allow it on group sailings. Haven't figured out why but they won't.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]Many TA's and also PVP's will tell you that you CANNOT book the kids in a separate cabin so if they are your own children, stand your ground. It's easier than having to go to the pursers desk and get the S&S cards reassigned later.[/color][/font][/b]

As previous posters state.......the booking has to remain "as is" per regulations......if you are taking your children......they can be in a separate room.......but friends, nieces, etc......need to be with an adult.

We sailed the Pride 7/11 and had 3 rooms. The six of us.....DH, myself, 18 yr old son and his friend (recent high school grads!), and my 11 yr old daughter and 10 yr old niece. Our TA said we had to book "according to the rules"......but once on board, we could make the change.

The booking was as follows: My DH was with son's friend, I was with niece, and our 2 kids (son-18 and daugher-11) were in same room. Not how I would want to spend the week! LOL

We had 2 rooms next door......and the 18 yr old boys were down the hall. We placed luggage tags according to the booking.......just swapped bags when we rec'd them.......then I collected all 6 "original" S&S cards.......and went to the Purser's desk. I gave him the "original booking info"......with names & rooms numbers........then gave him the "real" info......names and the room numbers where people were really staying. Within minutes, I had 6 new S&S cards........and no problems. Seemed like this happens often.

You need to have the correct S&S card to match room and name......otherwise.......you can't get into your room.......and you need correct name to use S&S card.

Worked great for us! Hope this makes sense!!! Just make sure when you go to make the change......you have written down.....the "original" booked names and room numbers.......and the "requested" names & room numbers. That's very helpful at the Purser's Desk.
Also.........if you're sailing with kid's friends or nieces, etc. under the age of 18, make sure you have a notarized statement from their parents (both) allowing you to take them out of the country. I got the form from a link from this site. We had it notarized.....and when reviewing the birth certificates and passports....they did ask for that form for my niece.

Happy cruising!
Karen

We booked two rooms directly across from one another for the 12/25/04 Inspiration cruise directly though Carnival. I was told that as long as the children were ours that this would be just fine. Make sure that they link the two reservations together so that you will be placed at the same table for dinner. Also, we found that for $100 more we could book the two rooms vs. getting a quad ocean view room.

[font=Comic Sans MS]We've been on 3 cruises and each time had our kids with us in [size=2]separate [/size][/font][font=Comic Sans MS]cabins. The first 2 times they both were under 18 and on the last cruise my oldest is now 18. We have never been questioned or approached by anyone at Carnival regarding the cabin arrangements. The cabins have all been "linked" to the parents cabin and all S&S charges go to my credit card.[/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]For what it's worth...............[/font]:D

Archived