RCCL Radiance - June 1, 2007 - Alaska

SFchick

Hi everyone!

I am taking my mom on this cruise for her birthday. I love her and all, but I don't really see her staying up with me to party.

I would love to meet some cool single people to hang out and party with!

I poked around on 'Meet and Mingle' but eveyone signed up is a part of a couple or family. Um... yeah.

A bit about me: I'm coming from San Francisco and I'm earning my keep doing PR for video game companies. I'm into hip-hop, 80s and drunken kareoke-ing to Journey and Bon Jovi. They better have Hanger One and keep all forms of tequila away from me.

I'm in the same boat as you are...figuratively; although that cruise is on the list that I'm looking at with my own parents.

If you're concerned about meeting people, you shouldn't be. Even if there are only five other young singles on the whole ship, you'll find each other by the end of the first night. Just listen for played out hip-hop music and look for a dance floor. If you're an intravert, don't worry, one of them will come up to you and start talking. Before you know it you'll have several new best friends. If you don't find people after the first night, ask your waiter where he suggests you look. I'd tell you myself but I've only been on Voyager and Vision class ships before.

Good luck and try not to wake your mom when you stumble into the cabin. (Give her the bed that's farthest from the door.)

PS Any young singles you meet will be on the ship with their parents or other relatives. This isn't a problem, though, since all the parents will be sleeping by the time you start to meet each other.

Archived