Just Back from the Spelendour of the Seas, 5 Nights

If anyone has questions about the Splendor of the Seas, we just got back yesterday from the 5 night cruise and had a great time.

What did you do in Cozumel and Costa Maya?

We are considering renting a jeep in Cozumel (Avis--did you see rental car company places when you disembarked?). Are there places to rent scuba gear when you get off the ship?

In Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach, back to the ship for a “rest” and then walked through town and hung out in the square for a while. I think there was an Avis building at the port. I did not see a specific place to rent scuba gear; however, I bet it would be easy enough to find. Check out the Cozumel forum for further information.

In Costa Maya my wife and son went to the ruins and I went to Mahajual for a massage, and rest on the beach soaking in the fabulous view.

On formal night duck and prime rib were among the 5 or 6 choices. Lobster was a couple of nights later.

I do not have a specific review; however, I thought the crew from top to bottom did a very good job to ensure all had the best time possible.

All pluses. The only thing I was hoping for that they did not have was a very dark spot on the upper decks so we could do a little star gazing. If you can find a dark spot on a ship it cannot be beat for star gazing.

Our friends said they would have packed a bit warmer clothes since it was a little cool and windy our first day at sea. As for me, I was determined to wear shorts when in the Caribbean, no matter how cool it is.

Do not miss the midnight buffet on the fourth night. The appearance and taste are equally awesome!

The quest event was also fun for adult entertainment.

What did you do in Cozumel and Costa Maya?

We are considering renting a jeep in Cozumel (Avis--did you see rental car company places when you disembarked?). Are there places to rent scuba gear when you get off the ship?

In Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach, back to the ship for a “rest” and then walked through town and hung out in the square for a while. I think there was an Avis building at the port. I did not see a specific place to rent scuba gear; however, I bet it would be easy enough to find. Check out the Cozumel forum for further information.

In Costa Maya my wife and son went to the ruins and I went to Mahajual for a massage, and rest on the beach soaking in the fabulous view.

Do not miss the midnight buffet on the fourth night. The appearance and taste are equally awesome!

Is there only one night of midnight buffet? I'm used to longer cruises where there is a buffet every night.

Thanks.

Archived