Mahajual – Authentic, Safe, and Fun. Just Returned Yesterday…

nncruise

Sure. Our time ashore was from 7AM to 3PM. I took the bus from the pier to the stop in town and then walked all the way to the end of the tourist area down the street adjacent to the beach. I arrived about 8:30 which was really nice since I was one of the first in town so it was quiet while the locals set up for the daily onslaught of tourist. While down near the far end I had a $20 massage with Anna for 1 hour, it was great so I tipped accordingly. Upon returning back to the beginning of the strip, I rented a lounge chair from Cat’s Meow for $5, had a drink, and enjoyed the fabulous view. Around 1PM, my wife, son, and friends arrived from the ruins tour and we had lunch and drinks, swam, shopped a bit, and then back to the ship.

As for 5 – 7PM, I only ate at one place which was the Cat’s Meow, which is open until 9. The food and prices were fine and more importantly, we felt very comfortable with the cleanliness of the establishment and purity of the water. We certainly did not want to be concerned about the typical Mexico food and drink issues. Since I left at 2:00, I cannot comment on what is going on later in the day.

Archived