Grand Suite Hump?

bzv143

Anyone been in a Grand Suite hump on Brilliance of the Seas? Better than the rest? Bigger balcony, more private, anything to make me book that cabin over any other Grand Suite?

Thanks!

I had a GS on the Jewel. It is the only GS on the hump. I loved the location. You do lose some privacy as folks can see you and you them. Great location as it was across from the Concierge lounge and near the stairs and elevators. I have some photos of the cabin and balcony in my Jewel photos in the below link.

We have sailed on Brilliance twice and in the same cabin both times; GS1556! I love the cabin. It actually is a bit smaller then some of the other Grand Suites, but when going through the Panama Canal the balcony gives you have an awesome view of everything. :D

If you wish to see photos go to this photo and the next few ....http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2405433440080875955eSpNdN

Have FUN, we did!

BILL

Haven´t sailed on the Brilliance in Hump GS but the Jewel.

Had GS on the Jewel as well on the hump as regular ones. I liked the regular one better because the one on the hump is kindly odd shaped and I think a bit smaller. Balcony wasn´t bigger either. So given the choice I wouldn´t take the hump one, but if it´s the only one take it.

We had 1556 on Brilliance for the Med last May. It was wonderful! There were 4 of us and there was plenty of room. The location across from concierge was great and being on the other side away from the elevators was a plus. For our itinerary, we had a perfect view of every port. The balcony held 2 loungechairs, 2 regular chairs, a table and there was still room for 6 people to stand out there. I don't recall this particular cabin being any smaller than any other GS. Our friends had the GS same deck aft. It had a different layout but I didn't particularly care for their balcony. It overlooked everyone elses and I remember it being noisy. I also seem to remember our friend ending up with a black butt one morning from sitting outside for a romantic breakfast. If (WHEN) we ever do the Med again, I'm holding out for 1556 again!!! -Travelbugs

While your all on the topic of Grand Suites. I was told that if your in a GS that both Johny Rockets and Ben & Jerrys is free. Anyone know if thats true??

Great Question! Does anyone know? Also...the AOS GS partial Hump - is the balcony any bigger?:confused:

How was the noise from the deck above or from people in the hallway (as you were in GS 1556)? And was the balcony private? Thanks! :)

GS 1556 is a very quiet cabin.:) You will not have noise from above, or from the Royal Suite next door. The way the hallway is setup, only a few cabins are serviceed by the hallway in front of your cabin. The Balcony for GS 1556 is private, but the one for GS 1554 is not!

GS 1556 is a tad smaller then some of the other GS, but I still take it when I am on Brilliance! I love that Cabin!:D

BILL

We sailed in GS1554 on the Brilliance. I did not find the suite smaller than other gs we have had. The wall to the balcony is diagonal, and so is the railing on the balcony so we could look into the balconies down the row if

we were standing at the railing. I have found that balcony bigger than the balcony on theGs of the Explorer. But have not been in a hump cabin on the Explorer. I loved the double sliding glass doors. We really did not have much traffic in front of our doorway.

For sailor moon,

You will love your Panama Canal cruise. We just did the 10 day cruise in January in Grand Suite 1556. Feel free to browse through my photos...there are a few photos of the room and the balcony...The Canal was spectacular!

Enjoy your cruises!

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2993954510080875955rOniae

BILL

We have the GS on the Mariner 1578 booked for our anniversary. It is not in the hump but my concern is it is under the overhang of the pool deck. Do you think there could be a problem with noise or the sun not coming in?

Archived