Need Help!!! Tubing & Dunn Falls tour- Conquest - Montego Bay

QTPieRye

After reading the threads on tubing in Ochos Rios, I have the following questions as it relates to booking a tour out of Montego Bay:

1. Do independent tour guides offer tubing from the port of Montego Bay?

2. How far are the Falls and tubing from Montego Bay? Drive Time?

3. Recommended tour company that operates out of Montego Bay?

4. Estimated cost for Dunns Fall & Tubing Tour from Montego Bay?

5. Can we also visit Margaritaville? What is the distance from the tubing area to Margaritaville? Is this practical? (Are there two Margaritaville's in Jamaica... Ochos Rios and Montego Bay?)

Our group consists of 4 adults. We have booked independent excursions for our other ports, and would like to arrange something for Jamaica.

Anyone information and/or links are appreciated!!!

Montego Bay does offer a lot of the same tours you see in Ocho Rios. The only problem is that you are having to drive across the island to do them. Not all excursions are that far away, you just have to ask about it before you book the tour. A good website that has helped me a lot is at www.montego-bay-jamaica.com. It is the official visitor's guide to Montego Bay and has lots of info. If you click on ''What to do" a new page will appear. Scroll down and click on "Cruise Montego Bay." That is where you will find a lot of cruise specific info.

As far as Margaritaville goes, I have read lots of rave reviews of the one in Ocho Rios. It is quite large and situated right on the beach. But I have read lots of complaints about the Margaritaville in Montego Bay. It is much smaller and is not on the beach. I would not recommend going there. I would recommend going to Sunset Beach Resort for the $20 all inclusive. It includes everything, alcohol, sodas, food, non motorized water sports, umbrellas, and lounge chairs. It even has 3 beaches and 3 pools to choose from. Their website is at www.sunsetbeachresort.com. And it is so close to the ship that you can see the resort from the cruise ship when you dock.:D

Another good way to find out info. would be to do a search here at the CC message boards. It's just like doing a search on your computer. Just go to the top of your screen and click on search. It will search all of the threads and posts for the subject you are inquiring about. Then you can read what other CCers have said about the falls and tubing in Montego Bay. It has helped me a lot. I can't really give you specific info. about the falls or tubing in Montego Bay because we aren't doing that. We don't live anywhere near the water or the beach. So we are really looking forward to going to Sunset Beach Resort and having a relaxing day at the beach. And of course, since the alcohol is included, I will be trying out all of their foo-foo drinks.:D I have try out the hummingbird (they say it tastes like a milkshake) because it goes down smooth but will knock you on your butt!;) I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

A month or so ago I read on the cruise newsgroup that there was road construction between Ocho Rios and Mo' Bay that was increasing travel time. If that's still the case, and I'd consider a ship's excursion to Ocho Rios. Then, you wouldn't have to worry about missing the ship. I rarely book excursions through the cruise line, but with a fairly long drive, I'd consider it.

• 7 years later...

You know, I agree with NinaCO...go with Carnival on this one due to the drive. My husband and I beat ourselves up over this one for many reasons...like you, we wanted to go to DRF, but honestly, didn't want a long drive that takes so much time out of your day to where you don't really have time to see anything else. I did have a few friends tell me that despite all of this it is worth it. So then we were on to who do we go with...Carnival or a private company. The only one we were looking at was Real Jamaica but still had hesitation due to the long drive. Not to mention, the prices are not that much lower for a real savings. I remember reading somewhere that on one long excursion there, the private companies bus broke down. Unfortunately, their main concern was not worrying about a few of their passengers that needed to get back to their cruise ship in a timely manner. You can see where this is going....

Just out of the sheer fear of missing the boat for such a long trip we were going to use Carnival. Well, your options are limited in terms of DRF trips...but then we saw the one that also had a dolphin swim included. VERY expensive, but, the reviews looked good and it would save us money because we were considering doing that in Cozumel which would have been another $130. So we're like ok, we get to do two cool things in this price.

Bottom line, our other ports are booked with private companies for excursions but we are doing the DRF/dolphin one through Carnival for those reasons. Hope this helps!!

It's an hour and a half (approx.) ride from Montego Bay to DRF and the Ocho Rios excursions. The ride is nice (new highway) and scenic. Time flies. We loved the ride (we drove all the way from Negril, through Montego Bay to Ocho Rios). The highway runs along the coast and there are many beautiful vistas and neat things to see.

As far as excursions, there may be some tubing excursions that are closer to Montego Bay than the ones they have in Ocho Rios, BUt if you want to see DRF, you'll need to make the trip. If you have the time in port.....well worth it!!

Wow.... talk about a blast from my past thread! I just noticed that I originally posted that question 8 years ago! Makes me want to go back to Jamaica :D

Have a great time!

Thanks! Sorry about that...I am new to CC and didn't catch the YEAR when I posted...hahaha You should go again this year ;)

Archived