Med Cruise-Port or Starboard?

Going from Barcelona--overall, which side of the ship gets better views: port cabins, or starboard cabins? (Our last cruise, we had aft cabins--now we want to try midship.) Thanks! :rolleyes:

You know, I don't even remember leaving Venice! Honestly I couldn't tell you if we turned around, but if the starboard hump cabins are available, grab it! Look at http://www.thepreismans.com they are on the boards all the time and I got so much information (including my primo cabin)from their trip report. That was a cruise of a lifetime for me, enjoy it!

Going from Barcelona--overall, which side of the ship gets better views: port cabins, or starboard cabins? (Our last cruise, we had aft cabins--now we want to try midship.) Thanks! :rolleyes:

I don´t think there is a better side. At sea you won´t get any different views. Sailing in and out a port you get one view in the morning and the other one in the afternoon. As for docking you anyway never can tell which side of the ship will face the dock.

I chose mid ship port side for our upcoming Med Cruise. The logic was that while underway, the port side would be facing land. And on the last day at sea, the port side would be facing south.

I chose mid ship port side for our upcoming Med Cruise. The logic was that while underway, the port side would be facing land. And on the last day at sea, the port side would be facing south.

Please take no offense in this! I can see the logic in having a south facing balcony on a sea day, but facing land while underway:confused: . You are far out at sea and won´t see anything else than the other side - water.

Please take no offense in this! I can see the logic in having a south facing balcony on a sea day, but facing land while underway:confused: . You are far out at sea and won´t see anything else than the other side - water.

No offense taken, but for a short time while we are approaching a port in the morning, and for a short time while leaving in the evening, I expect a better view of the coast. If not, I'm not out anything. Other than early morning, evening before dinner, and night while I'm sleeping, I won't be in my room much.

I also picked the room because it was:

mid-ship to minimize movement,

9th deck to be close to the pool deck (with some buffer)

and close to stairs and elevators.

Archived