Camp Carnival for 3 year old?

jolly888

We'll be going on Celebration in May with my 3.5 year-old daughter (she's potty trained). Just wondering if anyone can tell me about the Camp Carnival experience for this age group?

What kind of activities do they do?

What kind of equipment/playground/toys/pool do they use while there?

What times is it offered?

Anything that requires extra fees?

Do we get a pager and get paged if she needs us?

I've also heard that the playroom on Celebration is a bit small, is this hard on the kids?

Thanks so much for any info!

My son is 4 and 4 months, so he was in the 2-5 group on the Paradise 4 day, but here is some general info that gives you an idea.

You register and receive a pager. They will page you if your daughter is upset or needs you.

Hours varied each day:

7:45/8:30/9:00 -noon

1:00/2:00 - 4:00/4:30

7-10

10-3 babysitting slumber party @ $6/hour.

They can eat lunch or dinner with the youth staff if you're not available. On port days, they have to be with you at lunch unless you are off ship.

The only thing we had to pay for besides the after 10 babysitting, was Make a Teddy Bear for $20 (like Build a Bear), but that's not required, it's an option. If you want more than the t-shirt it comes with, you have to buy a sailor outfit for $25.

Activity examples are spin art, candy art, story time, painting, tumble time, lego time, color a t-shirt, color a backpack, music time.

We've cruised several times with a little one, 25 months to 3.5, all Carnival.

I would really suggest you attend the Camp meeting, usually the first night, and the Camp party in the disco, if there is one. IMHO it makes a huge difference in how comfortable the kids are.

Enjoy your cruise!

Our 3 year old son did camp carnival.---- Your child won't care if she/he ever sees you again!!! He actually cried on the last night of the cruise because they closed for an hour or so for a meeting and we had to bring him back later. He thought it was great. (so did we). Hope this helps. BillfromPa.

If you haven't done so yet, then take a look at the CC Family Cruising board, many of us talk about our experiences with Camp Carnival

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

What kind of activities do they do?

They do everything from Build A buddy, Pirates, Face Painting crafts, games

What kind of equipment/playground/toys/pool do they use while there?

All the kids rooms on every Carnival ship look pretty much like this one on Elation. Don't worry, I took these BEFORE the opening of the kids club.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Anything that requires extra fees?

Build A Buddy is $19.99

After Hours Slumber Party is $6 for 1st child, $4 for 2nd after 10pm. They serve cookies and milk/watch movies and wind them down for the night

Do we get a pager and get paged if she needs us?

Yep, you get a pager oon the first day to keep the rest of the cruise

I've also heard that the playroom on Celebration is a bit small, is this hard on the kids. Don't know how hard Celebration is compared to Elation. My kids had NO problems on Elation with the size of the room.

Archived