Piped-In Music

KathyHKidd

We recently got a brochure with some great Princess cruises, but I need to know one thing before I book.

We haven't been on Princess in about three years. On the two Princess cruises we took, there was piped-in music EVERYWHERE. There was no place you could go in any public area of the ship -- even the decks! -- without having your ears assaulted.

Some people must enjoy the constant music or they wouldn't do it, but it drives me crazy. Does Princess still have music everywhere, or have they toned it down since I last cruised?

hopefully,

KHK

If nobody is willing to answer this question for Princess cruises in general, what about the Dawn Princess? Is that a ship where the music is everwhere?

Please respond! There are four people whose cruises depend on your answer.

How about announcements? Many ships have cut WAY down on announcements or have eliminated them entirely unless it's from the Captain.

"Attention: Jackpot Bingo starts in 10 minutes!"

Music-heard only in the pool area on he Golden in July

Announce-heard only Captain and the stupid disembarkation from the purser. I love how they say their name EACH TIME!!! WE KNOW....YOU ARE NATASHA FROM THE PURSER!!!! :mad: :D

On the Regal Princess I definately noticed piped in music in all the public areas. During the day I'd go to a lounge to read (since my sister was sleeping in the cabin) and have my ears blasted. Couldn't escape the music, it was everywhere (except outside where it was too cold and windy to sit and read)

Jackie

Archived