Advice on a beautiful beach?

Jan2007

With 355 to choose from, it will be kind of hard!

My husband and I will be in Antigua on a cruise soon, and would love to spend a day at the beach or even visit a few of them.

Any advice on beaches you recommend? :)

See my post below regarding Dickenson's or Long Bay. It seems that Dickenson's is a great choice (though I'm not sure there are any bad choices)so that's where we're heading. I just responded to a post above about Dickenson's too that may be helpful.

Millers By the Sea is a bar/restaurant located on Fort James beach, about a 5-10 minute, $12 cab ride from the dock. The beach is quiet and beautiful.

They have chairs and umbrellas for rent and will bring you drinks on the beach. Their fish chowder was delicious at the restaurant too. No water sports available, but if you want tranquility this is it. Ask the cab driver to return for you at the time you want to go back to the dock.

I've been looking at Long Bay it looks GORGEOUS! Just google Long Bay Beach Antigua and you will find several links with pictures. I'll have to see what I can find on Dickenson just so I have a comparison though ;)

We were just in Antigua on the Jewel at the beginning of March. We went to Darkwood Beach and it was absolutely beautiful. Not crowded at all. Cab ride was 32 round trip for two people and took about 20 minutes each way. I'd be happy to share pictures if anyone would like to see them.

We were just in Antigua on the NCL Jewel at the beginning of March. We went to Darkwood Beach and it was absolutely beautiful. Not crowded at all. Cab ride was 32 round trip for two people and took about 20 minutes each way. I'd be happy to share pictures if anyone would like to see them.

cruisingrl77,

We will be visiting Antigua in mid-April and intended to go to Turner Beach. Turner beach apparently has chairs/umbrellas, facilities, restaurant, great view and snorkeling...so it all sounded good to us as first-time visitors.

Based on your feedback, Darkwood may be an even better choice. Did you find chairs/umbrellas and facilities there? Is there a restaurant? Do you know anything about snorkeling there?

Any additional info you can provide about Darkwood would be appreciated. And can you post your photos....

Thanks!

Archived