Upcoming Cruise June 19 Transatlantic NY to Southampton

coopersmom

Hi there,

It was quite by accident that I found this website and it is terrific. Can someone who has sailed on the "Queen" already, please tell me what cruisers are wearing during the day. There is lots of info on the formal nights, but not informal. Does anyone wears sneakers and khaki's during the day to go exploring the ship. Do you need a sweater or jacket to sit outside. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Debra

Hello Ms. Canada, and welcome!

Daytime is casual dress, whatever you want. However, no shorts or bathing attire or gym wear in the dining rooms at any time.

For breakfast and lunch, I always wear trousers and shoes... it just seems right!

Bon Voyage!

Michael

NYC icon_smile.gif

I have only been on QE2, but I am sure sneakers and khaki's will be fine during the day. Since it is a transatlantic crossing you will probably need more than a sweater to sit outside. There may be some days in the 70s but some are likely to be in the 50s and foggy or rainy. I'd recommend a jacket with a hood and a sweatshirt or sweater to layer underneath. Two years ago I saw people with winter coats on mid-Atlantic in late May, but I was OK with sweatshirt and jacket overtop. Remember that since this is a fast ship, no matter what the weather, there will be a 30+ MPH "breeze" outside at all times. (35 if the captain hits 30 knots) Forget all those photos of people lounging around a pool in the Caribbean, this is the North Atlantic!

Archived