Basketball on the Conquest

Cinderelli

Hi -- my son is a basketball nut and looks forward to playing while on the Conquest in less than 4 weeks.

I heard from one poster the great suggestion to bring your own ball, as the Carnival ones get monopoloized sometimes by "bigger kids".

I also read that sometimes balls go OVERBOARD, so someone suggested not to bring a good ball.

What's your advice before I pack this bulky thing?

:o

;) I have picked up two used 'small balls' that i am willing to have PJ bring and then leave on board. However, Parker is thinking I am crazy for taking up the space with them. I guess we will see what all fits....

Actually I have suggested taking your own ball and a cheap one several times.

If you are driving - throw an old or cheap ball into a sports bag and let him carry it - since he will be the one using it. That way he will have it and if it goes overboard you won't get a big charge on the S&S. If it's a real cheap one he can pass it on when you get off the ship so he won't have to carry it home and some other kid will get to enjoy it (I believe it's called - pass it forward).

If he doesn't want to carry it then it isn't that important to him. If he wants to play he will have to stand in line at the purser desk to check one out.

The basketball court is completely enclosed on the Conquest; no way for the balls to go overboard except when carrying (dribbling, tossing, etc.) them to the court. There is only one goal, so no matter how many basketballs are available, the court can still get monopolized by bigger players. If there are games being played, those waiting will have to play the winners for the court. I was hoping that Carnival would have a free throw shooting contest or some other event for the basketball court, but they didn't on our cruise.

Archived