how many at a table?

Lowie

I travel with my wife and two kids (ages 9 and 7) and request a table for four. I hope this doesn't sound mean. But I would never go to a restaurant that would have me share a table with another family and I don't feel any differently on a cruise. RCCL gave us our request last year. I hope Carnival does the same.

It doesn't sound mean, just your personal preference. However, what if they did put you at a table with another family of four? Would you try it or ask for a change? And what if they couldn't accommodate your request for a change?

The difference between cruising and a regular restaurant is that IF you get a larger table, most likely you'll be eating with these same people for several nights not just one. It can work out well, but not always. You really can get a great deal of enjoyment out of interacting with new people and may become friends. Either way though, it's still your choice and preference.

I will be by myself for the first time in October. I would love to be tacked on to a large table. I'm looking forward to meeting people here on CC over the next six months, and at dinner on the ship. I can be a little shy, but warm up quickly -- I hope I'll leave the ship with a few new friends.

Racyguy, you are always welcome to seat with Wendy and I, that way we can have a table of 4 and more room for food :D

Fred

Archived