Review--Shark Ray Alley Snorkel

Snoozeman

Review--Shark Ray Alley Snorkel & Caye Caulker Beach Tour

Ecological Tours & Services--Belize C.A.

I have had the pleasure of taking the Snorkel & Reef tour offered by Ecological Tours / Wet ‘n Wild on a couple of occasions while in Belize. It is a very simple process to meet the tours at the pier in Belize City. You can check-in at the Ecological Tours kiosk located directly on the front of the boardwalk were the cruise ship tenders dock. They have several boats which leave in the morning and return you well before the last tender back to your cruise ship is scheduled to leave. A typical tour consists of a 30-40 minute trip to the barrier reef and a snorkeling opportunity at Caye Caulker Marine Reserve and Coral Gardens which is a protected underwater national park. The park and reef area have a large number of tropical fish and eels in addition to the beautiful coral and reef. You also visit the Shark/Singray alley for opportunities to view stingrays, nurse sharks, barracuda and other sea creatures. All snorkel gear and instruction is included. Following your water adventures you have 45+ minutes on Caye Caulker for lunch and to visit the unique shops on this remote barrier island. I really enjoyed my tours with Ecological Tours and would highly recommend them to anyone. They also offer tours for cave tubing and into the interior.

Hi Snoozeman

I was on the Grand 1 week before you and also did the same snorkel with ecological tours. We had a great time. Did you have a coconut on the way back?;)

Sandy

hey Sandy

Not this past week, but have previously!!:) double shot as well!

Is it possible to bring lunch with you from your ship-somewhere to store it, or do you need to buy lunch on the caye? My son is a really picky eater!:cool:

I'm sure you can take anything you want in your backpack. Shouldn't be an issue to tour company, but most cruise ships have strict regulations about taking food off in ports. Best check with them to make sure. You don't have to eat at the place that they recommend, I've purchased food from street vendor on Caye Caulker before that was very good. Not a big selection on island for sure. DW always takes some prepackaged peanut butter crackers with her everywhere, just in case.

Archived