A few question for our cruise next week.

MrGolf

1. I'm taking on a few bottles of wine. Should I leave them in the checked luggage or are they okay to carry them on? I prefer to carry them on so I can chill one of them and have a glass soon after I get on the ship.

2. As for as Camp Carnival......do you have to pick the kids up and re-enter them at 10 or 10:30 (which ever time they start to charge)? I plan on eating in the dinner club one night and I'm not sure what time I should make reservations for so I can pick up the kids and re-enter them, if necessary.

3. I also plan on letting the kids (4 and 7) eat with Camp Carnival one evening (their choice). What time do they eat? If they want a soda, will they just charge my S&S card? I am not buying a soda card as they don't drink much pop.

Thank you, in advance, for any help.

According to the new rules, you're allowed to bring one bottle of wine per adult. I'd definitely put it in your carry-on (less chance of breakage and, like you said, you'd be able to have a drink soon after embarking). Don't forget a corkscrew.

Our kids have never used Camp Carnival so I can't answer the other questions.

Have a great cruise!

1. I'm taking on a few bottles of wine. Should I leave them in the checked luggage or are they okay to carry them on? I prefer to carry them on so I can chill one of them and have a glass soon after I get on the ship.

I called Carnival yesterday and asked about the wine. They said that carry on is the best, simply because the checked luggage gets tossed around and ends up in piles. Less risk of anything getting broken by carrying it on.

Gina

I called Carnival yesterday and asked about the wine. They said that carry on is the best, simply because the checked luggage gets tossed around and ends up in piles. Less risk of anything getting broken by carrying it on.

Gina

The only thing you have to remember is that if you are flying to your original port, you won't be able to bring the wine in your flight carry on, it must be in your checked luggage.

Carnival has an extensive wine list, and you can pre-order to have it available at embarkation. It is naturally more expensive, but may be worth it to prevent the possibility of breakage in the checked luggage, or confiscation at the pier, if the anti-smuggling cops are at work..:eek: With the new 'guidelines' just being announced, I'd bet there may be some 'checking of bags' during boarding...:p

Again, just IMHO!:D

Thanks for all the advice. I'm sure I'll buy enough onboard, but I've got two very nice bottles of wine that I picked up in France late last year. I'll probably, as suggested, take them with my carry-on. I might even put a third one in my checked luggage to test the "new" system. :D

I plan to pack my wine in my carry on packed in bubble wrap for extra protection.

As for Camp Carnival. I took my 7 year old daughter and she loved Camp Carnival. She was very hesitant to go and didn't even want to go to the orientation the first night. By the second day, however, she was willing to go check it out. After that, I had a hard time getting her to do anything with me!! She loved it so much she cried the last day and hugged all of the wonderful counselors.

Happy Sailing!!

Beth

Archived