Ventura Weekender Sept12-14 08

LibraLass41

I cannot quite believe this, but my TA has just this minute rang me to say she has booked.

Flights from Doncaster (2nd choice, but less than 10 minutes more away than my 1st choice) & get this I got my 1st choice of cabin C753, corner aft.

I am in shock as all yesterday this cabin was not there, then when she rang to book at about 5pm it was. Maybe I was meant to be on this ship after all.

Either that or I will get there & 3 other couples will be in my cabin:D

I hope you are all as lucky & get what you want. I am now a happy camper!

My best to you all,

Lisax

Brilliant news Lisa, my agent finally rang me just, they did 6,000 heads yesterday. That's why I did'nt hear. They were booking til 8 and working til 10pm. Bet they're in for good commissions after that! Go and have a lovely day now, Happy Cruising, Flea b

Hi,

So glad you got what you wanted, I am still waiting to hear from my TA & they do not open until 9am , when no doubt more cabins have been sold & I'll stand even less of a chance.

I am furious, I think P&O should have been better organised & made sure their system was up to scratch & they had enough telephone lines. I wish I could just walk away, but something keeps drawing me back.

I am not prepared to spend another day by the phone. I do not know if I am booked or not & cannot go to another agent because of this, they have my card details for the deposit, so cannot take the risk.

Please someone tell me that P&O are not that good & the ship will be like a thousand others, just so that I can move on!

Sorry for ranting-it helps!

Lisa/quote]

Lisa,

I agree wholeheartedly you would hate P&O, the ships are awful the food lousy and the staff well:eek:. So you are safe to move on.

Ohh dear, so now you have booked, there's a problem!!!???!!!:confused:

I tell you what I will help you out and take the tickets off your hands so you will not have to go through hell:rolleyes:.

You see that's what friends are for.;)

Happy Cruising

:cool:

Dai

Hi

You are so funny, now I want you to tell me how good they are & what a fab time I will have!

Lisa:)

Lisa

:mad: Dam foiled again :mad:

The ship looks wonderful and by December any minor problems will have been ironed out and you will have a wonderful time. Uncle Dai has spoken:).

But if you change your mind and do not want to go................:cool:

Happy Cruising

Dai

Shogun - Why do we need TA's indeed?!

We were ringing our TA all day yesterday got through twice and was told it had not been booked but they aim to get it sorted by the end of the day, We gave them our mobiles as we were at work no calls, we were stressing all day long, got home and there was a message on the landline to say we had been booked on both cruises we wanted, I guess they didnt call the mobiles as they were very busy! Port was first choice but got starboard and we are going with friends got the cabin next to them & the grade we wanted, they booked through the same TA's as us and they had to call P & O to get their confirmation in the end!

So good news, and good luck to the rest of you today! Fingers and Toes crossed!

Hi There,

I phone five TA,s yesterday,

told them I wanted to book 4 cruises 2 mini cruises for this year 1 in 2008 and 1 in 2009,

no one came back to me with Prices apart ftom Liverpool Cruise Club who quoted prices for P&O but could not process a booking.

Why do we need TA,s

yours Shogun

Shogun

To do all of our phoning for us and then to give us 10% of the price quoted by P&O.

Perhaps Monday was not the best day to call:confused:

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Dai

Lisa I'm so glad you got what you wanted. I checked availability on P&O's website this morning and your cabin wasn't showing obviously because you have already got it! All the JG grades are sold out on the Xmas cruise.

Have to admit I am pretty disappointed I didn't get booked although I could have been if I hadn't been so choosy about having and aft balcony! My hubby is pretty philasophical about it, he says there will be another deal out there and of course there will be! You never know I may get an aft on the new Celebrity ship when it comes out in time for xmas 2008.

In the meantime i am going to concentate on looking forward to our cruises we HAVE got booked for this year!!

Its been quite a rollercoaster hasn't it!

All the best to you and smooth sailing to you all!

Lisa

Hi Folks,

Well still waiting for the travel agents to call back, one I have used for many years but has a new manager this year , but do not think he will be there for long after they get my letter,

any way I stay a few yards from a massive Thomas Cook call centre so called them and booked the weekender job done in seconds.

Not the best price but good enough,

when the others start calling back they will be told to slow have started booking with new agents,

even if they could not book me a cruise they could have called to say still working hard for you will call you tomorrow, well it is tomorrow and still no calls.

yours Shogun

Hi,

Sounds like we are all getting booked, somehow, apart from Lisa. Sorry about that Lisa. Maybe worth checking again in a few days? Its just that I know the cabin I have was not available earlier yesterday so not sure what happened, but maybe you could strike lucky too.

If not I am sure you will get a fab cabin on the new Celebrity ship for xmas 2008.

I have been told the maiden voyage is now sold out.

Happy cruising,

Lisa:)

Hi,

Just butting in on your post - hope you don't mind. Congrats to those who have booked Ventura by the way.

Do you know exactly when the new Celebrity ship is launched? Can't find any info, must be looking in the wrong place. :(

Thanks,

Bev

Well, have now received my brochure and dvd for the new ship Ventura which is being built at the moment and will be launched next year.

Have pre-booked the only weekender in the 2008 sailing schedule 0n 12-14 Sept 2008 to Zeebrugge for Bruges, Belgium. (N814)

Did this cruise in Dec 06 on Aurora and paid £275 for a inside cabin, interestingly on this ship I can have a balcony (none are obstructed) for £239 , should be good. Mid sept, might still catch the last of the summer rays as well. The ship looks fantastic with a Tapas bar, a comedy club and The White Room, Marcos' restaurant onboard, and will be the biggest ship in the pando fleet.

Anyone else considering her for 2008?

Sue:)

Have you booked for the above 2 nighter?:p

If you have not.:eek:

You are too late.:mad:

It is full:(

Happy Cruising

Dai

Hi Dai, and everyone else

Well, I started this thread, and have just come back to read all the replies!!!

Yes, got what i wanted, a nice midships balcony on A deck for the weekender, heard at 1pm on 2nd April bookings day. See all inside and outside cabins sold out, and most balconies JA-JG, I got a JB.

:D

If you see us onboard say hello!

Sue

Archived