has any body used Jolly Mon

cruiselover11

We sailed with Jolly Mon for a half day sail in february and had a good time. Gary and Gayle were very nice. Gary picked us up at the end of the pier with their dingy and brought us out to the sail boat, there were 4 of us and we picked up 2 others at a hotel. We sailed out to turtle cove and snorkled, Gary went in with us and pointed out what we were seeing as we snorkeled, it was very informative. When we were done we had drinks, soda, beer, rum punch and oranges and cheese and crackers. It was a very relaxing and fun day. I think you would enjoy it, and we did not have to take a taxi.

My family and I did a 1/2 day excursion with the Jollymon a few weeks ago (March 15th) and it was one of the best excursions we have been on. Gary picked us up at the dock in a small boat and took us to their sailboat. Gayle and Gary made sure that we were not snorkeling with other snorkelers from other excursions. Gayle snorkeled with us educating us about everything we saw (many colourful fish, coral, a shipwreck, sea turtle, etc). She even found a sea turtle for us which my daughter and I followed for 10 minutes until it came out of the water right beside us. Gayle and Gary were very patient with our 8 year old son and even let him take over the wheel on our return trip. They had beer, rum punch, pop and snack for us on our return back to shore. If we ever go back to St. Thomas, we will definitely book the Jollymon again. I would highly recommend this excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

How did you make your reservations? I contacted Jolly Mon via email and they said I could send them a personal check to hold until after we took the tour. If for some reason we didn't dock in St Thomas and didn't take the tour, they said they would mail the check back to us. Is this the way everyone else reserved with them? Thanks for any info.

We were on the Jollymon in March 2007 and it was the best snorkel excursion we have been on. We just booked the Adventure of the Seas for March 2008 and are seriously considering booking the Jollymon again when we are in St Thomas. The Jollymon is well worth the money. Gayle and Gary were great!

I was on the Jolly Man last Tuesday with my family and we had a wonderful

day. Gary picked us up right in front of our cruise ship in a dingy and we

went out to the sailboat. We sailed over to Buck Island for snorkeling. Gayle

got into the water with us and was a terrific guide. It was some of the best

snorkeling we've ever done, and we got some terrific pictures.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who loves sailing and snorkeling.

No crowds to deal with, no taxi rides, no lines. If we ever go back there

I know they will have us as repeat customers!

this sounds wonderful! what is the web site for jolly mon? about the sailboat, i am assuming there is a head, are there steps to go in and out of the water or do they stop on shore? 2 in my group have bad legs and necks..a ladder will not work for them..thanks for any help.

cindy

Beachgal58-they had a ladder to get onto the sailboat. We just jumped off

the side to snorkel because we were in deeper water off Buck Island. I think

there was a ladder to get down to the head.

ldr, thanks for the 411. after finding the website and looking at the beautiful sails...i knew it was a ladder deal. cancer surgery and artery surgery on one guy would prevent him from this excursion. my dh has had both hips replaced and a shoulder is next so.....not this time i guess..unless the gals leave the guys behind!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the Jolly Mon for a full day private sail as a surprise anniversary gift to my wife. Imagine her surprise when I called her out on our balcony and showed her the Jolly Mon at anchor and told her that it was ours for the day. I can not say enough about the fabulous lengths that Gary and Gayle went to, to make our sail special.(right down to having my wife's favorite wine on board), As totally inexperienced snorklers, they gave simple instructions and accompanied us into the water to act as tour guides to the fabulous undersea world that we were seeing for the first time. We saw rays, turtles, barracudas, and a zillion fish. What really struck us was that Gary and Gayle treated us as friends, not just clients. We talked throughout the day about our lives as well as theirs. I have to say that Jolly Mon was the best adventure that we have experienced in 11 cruises and dozens of excursions. It was worth every penny. Jolly Mon created a memory that will last a lifetime for us and I can't thank them enough. Needless to say, my stock as the world's best husband has skyrocketed.

• 1 month later...

Is it necessary "to be guided" while snorkeling? We just wanted the freedom to snorkle and discover on our own. Did they give you an option?

Also, was HALF a day long enough? Did you feel a full day would have been too much??

Fred, just wanted to say your comment about your "stock as the world's best husband has skyrocketed" was too funny. :) Glad the surprise daysail for your wife worked out so well. Sounds like you both had an awesome time.

--Islander

Archived