Carnival Cancelled Rum Point Excursion....

patman2761

:confused: We are going to be on the Inspiration May 7th and had all our excursions selected. Today while checking the itinerary we noticed the excursion for Grand Cayman was cancelled. It was the Stingray Sandbar & Rum Point Beach Extravaganza. We emailed Carnival to see why. We were looking so forward to this excursion.This excursion is not even on Carnivals shore excursion list anymore.

No email. But then again, that doesn't surprise me, since I never received an email from them my ENTIRE TRIUMPH CRUISE was cancelled. I only found out because of these boards.

I booked Captain Marvins, and I'm looking forward to it so much more than the Carnival one :)

We used Nativeway last week while in Cayman. About 9 of us from Carnival and about 15 or so from RCCL. Carnival had cancelled all their excursions to Stingray Sandbar due to high winds and very large waves.

After the stingrays, and while everyone was snorkeling, I was talking to Jody, the video guy on the Nativeway excursion, and told him the Carnival excursions were cancelled. He said, "Yeah, this one probably should have been cancelled too," but we still had a great time and seeing the waves break over the barrier reef further North and West was something to see.

Chris, our captain, kept us out of danger, and I never felt unsafe (maybe I should have???)...I think the other guide's name was Manuel or something like that...

While at Stingray Sandbar, there was a guy that obviously had some sort of minor problem walking around, but you could just tell watching him sitting on the back of the boat that he *REALLY* wanted to get in and enjoy the stingrays up close. Chris and a couple of guys in this guy's party helped him off the back of the boat and Chris brought a stingray right up to the guy. He was grinning EAR TO EAR, and just seeing the joy this guy was having made the trip worthwhile. My two youngest daughters didn't like the size of the waves coming in, so they didn't stay off the boat very long, but Chris and Manuel brought the stingrays right up to the back of the boat and they got to touch them anyways.

They tried to ensure as many people as they could got to touch the stingrays. A couple of my other daughters even got to kiss them. 7 years good luck supposedly.

Would I use NativeWay again? You bet...much less crowded than the Carnival excursion, and cheaper, too. A drop off at the Public Beach topped off the day, as the kids had never seen a "real" beach before.

GP

Definitely a plus for you that Carnival cancelled. Try www.nativewaywatersports.com you wont be sorry!!

Last year in Grand Cayman my family and I paid $60/pp for the most fantastic day excursion we have ever taken, with Nativeway Watersports.

It was the Rays, Reef and Rum Point Excursion with Chris and Charlie as our Guides. We snorkeled for about an hour and a half, moved over to StingRay City and held, fed and even KISSED the stingrays, then off to Rum Point for the most delicious lunch (included) and some relaxing in the sun. My mom, 64 years old held and kissed a stingray!! There were also many small children doing it, it is safe and fun, they are really gentle, graceful, beautiful creatures! It was well worth the $60 and we even purchased the video of our day for $60. Paid for it on the boat on the way back to the ship and they mailed it to us within 2 weeks back in New York.

We are going back to GC in 3 weeks on the Carnival Legend and I have just emailed them to find out availability for the day we are there. Go to the website and email Sharon (owner). She is prompt and helpful and Chris and Charlie were an absolute blast to hang out with all day.

I have heard many people rave about many different Rays Tours but i wouldn't put my money with anyone else but Nativeway. They are funny, courteous and professional. Cant wait to go back and spend the day with them on April 24!!

Hope this helps!!!

Did Nativeway first week of March (best ever, highly recommend them as does everyone else who goes with them). At Rum Point there is a dock and certain tour outfits have made arrangements to tie up. While we were there, a huge Carnival tour boat tried to pull up (gigantic heineous yellow thing stuffed with people). The Nativeway guys would have had to pull away from the dock but did not want to as they had permission to be there (paid I guess) and the other tour did not. I'm guessing that this problem has recurred and they are stopping the tour rather than pay to dock. Our photographer (Ziggy, great guy) told us that ship excursions go to the tour outfit that is willing to take the hit of the cruise ship commision--they pack in the people to maximize profit and cut any other corner they can--so those tours groups are generally not the best. This is why Nativeway is independent. LOVE LOVE LOVE Nativeway--one of my favorite days of my life.

We were supposed to be on a rum point beach excursion with disney magic, and ours got cancelled last week too. They let us know the night before, and said ours was cancelled because of the high winds. I guess the ferry that takes you there doesn't run if it is too windy. We were very disappointed! Rum point looks amazing!

Archived