1st time cruise questions

KyleesMom

Hey yall! We are getting set to cruise in a few weeks and I just want to make sure that I understand what all is included!

If I order room service reguardless of if we have already eaten 3 meals will be be charged? What if I just order coffee, milk, & OJ before breakfast?

As long as it is not a soda or alcholic beverage we are not charged right?

Is anything else XTRA besides tips that I should know about? I just do not want to have a heart attack when we go pay our sign and sail bill.

Do you get charged for water?

Also, we will be taking an unopened can of strawberry powder for our dd milky cups. Will they alllow this on the ship? I am unsure about how "strict" they are.

Thanks in advance. This group is great!

Tiff

I believe that sodas are included on Carnival. There is a charge for bottled water in the rooms. Alcoholic beverages, juices and sodas cost money when sitting at a bar or served in the diningroom. But I believe they have sodas in the buffet and in the pool areas. I am not 100% sure about the sodas on Carnival.

There is no charge for room service- regardless of how many meals you eat!

You can bring your own Strawberry powder- don't worry.

Have a great time on your cruise.

I believe that sodas are included on Carnival. There is a charge for bottled water in the rooms. Alcoholic beverages, juices and sodas cost money when sitting at a bar or served in the diningroom. But I believe they have sodas in the buffet and in the pool areas. I am not 100% sure about the sodas on Carnival.

Sodas are NOT free on Carnival. You pay for a soda card...or pay $1.99 plus gratuity for each soda.

Drinks that ARE free....apple juice, white milk and chocolate milk, fruitpunch, unsweetened ice tea, hot tea and coffee. You can get extra cartons of milk on the Lido deck's buffet. I always get a few extra for the mornings. And you can bring whatever flavor you want. :D

There is a charge for bottled water.

If I remember correctly, there is a limited room service on Carnival at times: sandwiches and salads. Maybe at meal time, you can get hot foods. But you will always need to pay for sodas.

Whatever you need to bring on for your child is all right. We brought juice boxes, Blues Clues fruit snacks and Cheerios.

Room service is always free, and you can order as many times a day as you want. It's expected that you give the steward a little tip when he/she brings your room service.

I think there's also lemonade available all day at the drink stations. We don't buy the drink cards, but if you do make sure that you purchase them after the ship has begun to sail. If you purchase them while still in port, you'll be charged tax.

Archived