What is considered a carry on?

majosa

Okay ladies i need your help. Since this is my first cruise I know I am going to over pack. But that is okay. I know i can have one carry on. But my question is this, will my purse count as a carry on? Or can i have my purse as well as another bag as my carry on. Thank you!:p

It depends on your airline. MOST domestic airlines allow you to have one carryon plus one "personal item", that can be a pocketbook, laptop computer, camera bag, etc. You can kind of skirt around that a bit by putting your pocketbook inside of a larger bag, for instance.

I take both a purse and a small rolling bag. No problems. It just has to fit through the x-ray machine when you check in. Be sure to pack anything valuable in that bag and possibly one change of clothes.

For the ship there is not a limit on number as long as they will fit through x-ray. But remember that you may not be able to go to your cabin right away upon boarding and will have to carry your bags with you. Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise. It is addicting.;)

Archived