Catalina Island Question

Mr. Mouse

Can anyone tell me if this is a private island like Royal Caribbean's or Princess' where we get a barbeque supplied by the ship or is this a separate island town whereby there are shops and restaurants that we must purchase lunch?????

so basically it is just like the other private islands (royal caribbean & princess). Only food is bbq and a few little kiosk type of stands for

suvinours(?). Nothing else?

Do they have things to rent out like the other private islands? Examples: jet skies, banana boat rides, floating mats, snorkling gear, etc...

Thanks

Tina

We took the Catalina Island shore excursion during our 3/18 - 3/25 cruise on the Magica. The island did not appear to be exclusive to Costa, as other groups arrived during our stay. However, there seemed to be no local inhabitants either. Everyone there was either on vacation or an employee.

There was a large buffet pavilion and I could smell BBQ, but I never saw anyone serving food or eating. Our stay on the island included lunchtime, but apparently not lunch. I saw masks and snorkels for rent, but nothing like jetskis or banana boat rides. There are some shops on the beach, but I didn't do any shopping. Hair braiding and massages are available for purchase, as are drinks.

Catalina Island is not an exclusive island to Costa. if your iternary has you using Catalina Island as a port of call, the island is exclusive to Costa for just that day, and they will serve you food. If your port of call for the day time hours is laRomana, then Catalina Island is a shore excursion with no food.

We were on the Mediterranea in Feb, and spent the day there, and it was wonderful. We were on the magica in March with our kids, and spend the day in laRomana. Would have much prefered the Magica to have docked at Catalina Island.

So check your itenerary to see what port of call you have during the day time hours.

Hope this helps.

Hi WJ and Terri

We were looking forward to meeting you at the Magica "Meet and Greet" on the 18th. Our daughters came along to meet your kids too. Hope you had as great a cruise as we did.

Dale

Archived