Body or panty brief, I hate buying them, please help!

I always have trouble finding the right body brief to wear under dresses. I would like to buy one for the cruise to wear with my skirts and dresses. I prefer the ones that look like panties, but give you the support and make the dresses look nicer, but I am stuck on size, fit, style, etc. Please help!!

I am 40+ woman, you think I would know,but I hate shopping for them!:mad:

If you have a store called Lady Grace near you, I'd try them. I'm all about foundations and I started there. The women are really good about helping with styles and sizes. Bring one of the outfits/dresses you're planning to wear to give them an idea of what you're looking for.

If you have a JC Penney or Dillards near you I think both have a nice selection. If you buy an "all in one" make *SURE* it has a totally undoable crotch - otherwise you will have to totally undress to use the bathroom.

As the previous poster suggested, take one of the outfits with you and see what style undergarment makes the most difference.

Deb

Guest KimberlyB

All of the ladies in my family (ages 83 on down) swear by the intimates department of Macy's. They always have a great selection, staff members have been consistently professional and honest (really!) and when they have sales, they *really* have sales. In fact, their huge semi-annual intimates sale is going on right now. Other best advice I can give, and I see Akalways already gave it: Bring the outfit(s) with you!

Good luck! Happy shopping!

I always had issues buying foundation garments, mainly because bras never fit right, and buying body briefs or support undies was a nightmare, UNTIL, I found barenecessities.com. Now I get everything from there. I love the barelythere line for underpants and support garments and goddess bras are my favs. I never knew that the reason bras dont fit right is they dont carry my size in stores, 38J. Do you know hard this is to find???

I also shop herroom.com

Barelythere line has some great panties that are support but feel and fit so nice. I even got a long line and it feels just a great. I ordered a Spanx, as recommended by Oprah, and it is okay but I like the barelythere better and they are cheaper too.

I always had issues buying foundation garments, mainly because bras never fit right, and buying body briefs or support undies was a nightmare, UNTIL, I found barenecessities.com. Now I get everything from there. I love the barelythere line for underpants and support garments and goddess bras are my favs. I never knew that the reason bras dont fit right is they dont carry my size in stores, 38J. Do you know hard this is to find???

I also shop herroom.com

Barelythere line has some great panties that are support but feel and fit so nice. I even got a long line and it feels just a great. I ordered a Spanx, as recommended by Oprah, and it is okay but I like the barelythere better and they are cheaper too.

Thank you

I just got a chance to view the barenecessities website. There sure is a lot to choose from:eek:

Everyone seems to love the Spanx line of undergarments. You can get them at most major department stores and I know Lane Bryant has them for sure! They're the undergarments that all the movie stars and models wear. Oprah swears by them!!!!:p

I am not impressed with the Spanx line, I really prefer the barely there line much more. It was not bad, just overpriced for what you get.

I have the following and love every one of them!

http://www.barenecessities.com/Barelythere_product_BARELYTHERE4205_,size,.htm

http://www.barenecessities.com/Barelythere_product_BARELYTHERE4213_,size,.htm

http://www.barenecessities.com/Barelythere_product_BARELYTHERE4217_,size,.htm

http://www.barenecessities.com/Barelythere_product_BARELYTHERE4204_,size,.htm

plus some more. I really like the control but comfort. I bought 1 to try them. Steinmart carries some barely there stuff too, if you have one. I imagine better department stores carry the line too, so it might be worth it to check it out to see how you like them.

Archived