Cruise Critic boards etiquette

Astronomer

In writing the very first parts of a major future posting I came across a dilemma.

Just how much can we post about pricing.

I know I can post the price that Carnival Quotes on their website.

I have seen people post about the % discount they got due to a military discount on a specific cruise.

I was going to post what an unnamed travel agency quoted me ( including the military discount ) without advertising them, or offering too tell people in e-mail ( of which mine is not even in my signature so no one could anyway )

Is it kosher to say what an unnamed PVP quotes me for a Cruise?, and different TA’s if I don’t mention names and make no offer to tell anyone or even provide my e-mail so no one can find out which I am talking about.

Or am I better off to avoid talking about price at all.

I think you can post the Price only as I have seen it here many times over, but not the Names of the PVP nor the TA Company. You can post your Email and people can get a hold of you there.

Fred

Thanks... I have seen people post that too, and I am not trying to get around the rules. I have no intention of telling anyone anything in an e-mail or even providing my e-mail.

It is just that this is a HUGE part of the process for us this time around, which it was not ( but maybe should have been ) last time, and a large part of this early effort is based around one thing.... what is the best deal I can get.

I don’t want to offend the board gods...

Archived