Cunard sponsored transfers

2dream4

I am going on a QE2 cruise this summer, leaving from Southampton. I am arriving a few days early to stay in a hotel in London before my departure. Cunard is suppose to take care of all transfers (picking me up at airport, taking me to hotel, then taking me from the hotel to Southampton for boat departure). Has anyone ever utilized Cunard for these tranfers? Is it as seamless as it is advertised? Thanks !

2dream4,

Did the same thing last summer. Also wondered what to expect and was VERY pleased. Was met at the airport by a driver and Mercedes and taken to the hotel. Cunard had a rep at the hotel who answered questions and organized passengers for the transfers to Southampton on the day of departure via motorcoach. We had no problems and would recommend it. Hope it goes as well for you.

We had exactly the same experience as friedchickN noted above. It was definitely seamless -- and the bus was so comfortable that I actually took a nap. Enjoy!

Lisa63
Looking forward to Maasdam Canada/New England 2004

2dream4,

Did Cunard also arrange for your hotel? We also had a positive experience with that last summer.
Let me know if I can answer further questions. I had such a wonderful experience that I would gladly help in anyway that I could to make your trip memorable.

friedchickN

friedchickN
Thanks so much ! This will be my first cruise that I am traveling alone; previously went with my brother from NYC to Bermuda many years ago ... and all we did was party with the staff! We spent most of our time in the crew bars below!
So this trip is one I am looking forward to.. July 31 cruise ( 14 days) in the Mediterranean. I am staying at the Crowne St James a Cunard sponsored hotel. I was looking for something that was as easy as possible as far as transfers, locations, etc and when Cunard said they would take care of everything, that appealed to me. I have learned so much reading this message board a lot of my questions have been answered. How about immunizations? are we required to have any special shots prior to a mediterranean cruise? health certificates etc? what do you know about discounts for booking another cruise while ON the cruise? I had heard you get a discount ? Any other tips on finding good rates for future cruises? Thanks

2dream4,

I did not mean to mislead you, but by the same thing, I did not mean Mediterranean cruise. So I cannot answer your questions but there are many knowlegdeable, well-travelled people on this board who will if you make such a post.

I did mean that I had decided to let Cunard handle all the arrangements surrounding my transatlantic crossing last summer. We also stayed at the Crowne Plaza St.James. Like the transportation, I was pleasantly surprised and pleased. The room was lovely and more spacious than anticipated. It is located on a quiet street just doors away from where the Titanic inquiry took place and just a few blocks from Buckingham Palace. Being in the Westminster district, it was within walking distance of many government/historical/tourist sights. If you are limited on time, the Big Red Bus also stops nearby for the Hop-On Hop-Off tours. This is not the location for night-life or restaurants but there are some nice little places close by as well as the hotel's 3 restaurants.
If they are still there, Darrin and Omar at the concierge desk were very kind and helpful.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck getting the rest of the information that you need.

Archived