My first cruise.. HELP !

jamaicanjana

I'm taking my first cruise on RCL Enchantment of the Seas next month and am so happy I found this site! I so far have found alot of important information that I didn't know... I do have one question right now, and that is......Can we sneak a few bottles of wine in our carryon or suitcase? We're staying in Ft Lauderdale for 2 days before the cruise and was hoping I could buy wine there and bring it onboard. My friend who is going and has been on many cruises says that if I get caught, I may be kicked off before even boarding... Please tell me if this is true. And if I can sneak in wine, how many bottles can I bring on.. Thanks !

I've never cruised on any RCL ships, but here's what people here have told us and it worked twice. Put it in your packed luggage and roll some jeans around it. Confuse those who scan by putting all kinds of junk near it. Put some bubble wrap or something with air pockets around it. Don't use glass. We brought whiskey sour powdered mixes and cheap whiskey that was actually in a plastic bottle. Then we brought along a water bottle with it's own zip up cover. When we went up to the pool on board we would make our own whiskey sours and no one was the wiser. The room stewards won't give you away, they want a tip at the end of the cruise. So it's just the scanners who check your packed luggage that you have to get past and you won't even be there when they check it. Most likely they would just take it away and you'll have to buy liquor on board. We did enough of that anyway.

I just took my very first cruise last month on Royal. You will have a blast! Their policy is that no outside alcohol is allowed onboard the ship, and they will not allow you to board if you are caught. This does not only go for embarkation in your originating port, but this also includes any stops you make at any of the ports of call. If you bring any liquor on board from a port of call, you must turn it in, and they will label it with your cabin # on it and return it to you the last night of the cruise.

We purchased 6 bottles of rum punch in St. Maarten early on the cruise, turned it in, and it was delivered to our room the last night, unharmed.

If it were me, I wouldn't risk getting thrown off the ship or denied the ability to board.

tj

I haven't been on a Royal Caribbean ship in a couple of year, but at that time their wine policy was the same as most lines. You can bring wine onboard, (I take as many as 10 bottles in my carry one) but you pay a corkage fee if you bring it to the dining room. The corkage fee usually runs about $20. I've gone on cruises where they charge it every night and cruises where they never charged it.

I'm taking my first cruise on RCL Enchantment of the Seas next month and am so happy I found this site! I so far have found alot of important information that I didn't know... I do have one question right now, and that is......Can we sneak a few bottles of wine in our carryon or suitcase? We're staying in Ft Lauderdale for 2 days before the cruise and was hoping I could buy wine there and bring it onboard. My friend who is going and has been on many cruises says that if I get caught, I may be kicked off before even boarding... Please tell me if this is true. And if I can sneak in wine, how many bottles can I bring on.. Thanks !

I'm assuming you are paying a decent amount of money for this cruise. Now you want to save money by sneaking wine on board? And it sounds like you will be a little stressed hoping you don't get caught.

Sounds like friends of mine that went to the Bahamas on vacation a few years back and packed canned tuna to save on meals :eek:

If you want wine before bed order a bottle from room service. I look at it this way. If it was me, I get caught, I'd have to ask myself then if it was really worth the trouble. The answer is almost always, No.

Archived