Info on Flights/shuttles for FLL or MIA

kiffrig

HI gang-

I am going on the Liberty in June. It leaves out of Fort Lauderdale. My hubby and I are flying in a day early "just to be safe". My questions are as follows:

I can't seem to find a direct flight into FLL, and even booking one with a connection (or two!) doesn't seem to save us any money like it normally would. However, I can find a direct flight into Miami for a reasonable price. Does MIA have a shuttle that takes you to the FLL airport, by chance? I know we can catch a van to a local hotel from there. If there is not a shuttle between the airports, does anyone have a rough idea of how much cab-fare would be from MIA to FLL? I think the hotels are cheaper in FLL, so I would prefer to stay there for the 1 night we will be in town.

I was just wondering if anyone has done this before---which I am guessing someone probably has. Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

Might want to ask on the East coast departures area.

I know there are shuttles that will take you from MIA to FLL or FLL to MIA. The cost is the issue. You can always rent a car from one air port to the next, most of the reputable and not will usually have a shuttle to the hotel form the airports. The shuttle from the hotel to the port is the hard part. Now, in that case you can always take a cab.

Dennis

I have to get to Fort. Lauderdale from Miami as well and I have found that Super shuttle works great. The cost is $60. [taxi or limo was $90.] By the way that is for a shared ride[van]. We are not that comfortable renting a car and then fighting traffic -but many do find this cheeper as well. Hope this helps.

. . . I have found that Super shuttle works great.

I agree. When we went on the Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale and for some reason I thought we were flying into and out of FLL. I usually book flights myself, but used a travel agent in this case. Last minute we realized we were flying into MIA and out of FLL. We just walked up to the Super Shuttle booth in the ground transportation area and caught a shuttle directly to our hotel. I believe it was about $60, as mentioned. You could also book ahead online if it would make you feel more comfortable. For other ideas and possibly less expensive, a post on the East Coast Departures section was a good suggestion by Claven. Good luck and enjoy the Liberty. We had a blast on her and loved the big screen! :D

We'll nned to get from miami port to FLL airport after our cruise in May.

Tried to booked super shuttle online as a shared ride, but it looked like my only options was to reserve as a private car- $122 for 2 including tip.

I also thought I saw posted on one of these threads that many shuttles and taxis available at port of miami when the ships arrive- if so, is that only on weekends or are they available for weekday disembarkations too?

May still end up with avis rental, but wanted to look into several options.

Many thanks,

wendy

I would think you would get a rental for less than that for one day. I have not done this, but the drive from one to the other is pretty straight forward. From what I have heard, mostly highway driving.

Dennis

We have flown into fll twice and caught rides with tri county express at the airport. They have kiosks right outside of baggage. Once was in a van for $17 and another time a town car with bil and his wife. If you rent a car the distance is about 25 miles and pretty much a straight shot. On the shared ride Tri County will take you fll to mia, but not mia to fll, unless it is a town car.

Archived