Snorkel Mask for Toddler

KerCar

Hi!

I'm looking for a mask and snorkel for my 4 year old. Just wondering if anyone knew of a good brand. I'm not looking for anything fancy just something for looking at fish in shallow water with a good seal for keeping water out of his eyes. Thanks:) Kerry

Hi!

I'm looking for a mask and snorkel for my 4 year old. Just wondering if anyone knew of a good brand. I'm not looking for anything fancy just something for looking at fish in shallow water with a good seal for keeping water out of his eyes. Thanks:) Kerry

Here in the North East, the stores are putting all of this kind of "pool" stuff out on the shelves now. If you are a member of BJ's or Costco, check the seasonal aisle - they have some kid sets that are quiet good quality (and more pricey). Walmart and Target will have cheaper sets that may be just fine for a 4 year old who might not really understand the concept of using a snorkel anyway. Considering it is difficult to breath through a snorkel, you might just want a nice set of goggles or a mask that will be more comfortable for him (and less to carry for you).

We bought our son a set made by Voit at Target. It was between $20 and $30. He snorkeled for around five hours at Coco Cay with it on (he was six) and the mask kept a great seal. The snorkel was a good fit to his mouth and he felt very comfortable. We had him practice ahead of time in the tub and in swimming pools so that he was kind of used to the whole set up.:)

We bought our son a set made by Voit at Target. It was between $20 and $30. He snorkeled for around five hours at Coco Cay with it on (he was six) and the mask kept a great seal. The snorkel was a good fit to his mouth and he felt very comfortable. We had him practice ahead of time in the tub and in swimming pools so that he was kind of used to the whole set up.:)

I was at Sam's Club the other day and they had snorkel sets for kids by Speedo. I looked and couldn't find a recommended age though (I'm looking for my 3- and 6-year-olds). I did see in the LandsEnd Kids catalog that they had sets for kids with age recommendation 3 to 8 (maybe-I know it was 3, but not sure on the max age).

• 1 month later...

I have twins that just turned 5. I just bought them a snorkeling set at Sams Club. They come in two different colors, pink and blue. The quality of the product is terrific, it adjusted around their face perfectly. A mesh bag was included, fins, mask, snorkel, etc. $20.00!

Archived