Opinions on cost difference between one/two cabins--VOYAGER OF SEAS

Right now I have a Catagory N, 8433, for 4 booked for the week of March 18, 2008 at a cost of $3533

I can get 2 Promenade Cabins (PR) connecting for $4180 making it $647 more.

Tell me is this worth the extra money? :confused: We are two adults and 2 kids ages 14 and 12.

Also anybody have an opinion regarding noise being that these overlook the Promenade area??

Thanks for any advice!

:)

I can't comment on the noise from the promenade, but I would gladly spend $647 not to share a room and a tiny bathroom with my daughters for a week. They were 12 &16 last summer when we cruised. It would be no vacation for me if I had to work around them in that small space. Not to mention, that the only place they know to put a wet towel is the floor or a bed.:eek:

Just put a down payment on 2 balcony adjoining (sp) cabins for a family of 5.

3 kids (11,9,and 4)

We just came off the Grandure 2 weeks ago and were in a famiy suite and the cost was close to 1500 LESS.

I think this is great thing - 2 bathrooms and a bed for each child. And we're ready to go.

Opinions on cost difference between one/two cabins--VOYAGER OF SEAS

I would pay the money for the second towel drop :)

You probably will not notice the noise......not with a 12 and 14 year old in the cabin next door. :D

We just came back from our first cruise - Mariner of the Seas on West Caribbean on 3/11. We had two connecting PR view rooms on deck Seven (7595 and 7597) almost dead center in the ship. We have two kids - ages 3 and 7 - we loved having the connecting rooms. We have actually booked the exact same two rooms on the Explorer of the Seas out of NJ on 3/18/2008 12 night to South Caribbbean.

We liked having the large windows and the views onto the PR - it allowed us to see the parades, the curtains blacked out almost all the light and having the 2 bathrooms, connecting door generally open and extra space was all worth it. Oddly enough we had two different cabin stewards which the kids thought was a blast - they thought theirs was better than mom and dad's :p

Anyways direct to the noise point - the only time we heard noise in our cabins was during parades (there were a couple of those) and they were over I think by about 1030pm or so. Other than that we did not hear any noise through the windows (they are double paned).

If you can afford the extra cost, then I would recommend trying it out - I think the teens would love having "their own room" just like adults

The only thing I would observe, is that they could leave the room at night without you knowing if you are good sleepers.

Cheers

jaysue

To me it is worth every penny to be able to have a seperate room for our 3 sons. That way, Mom and Dad can also have their privacy, after all it is your vacation, too! Having 2 bathrooms is also a major plus!

That second bathroom is worth a lot. We book adjoining rooms without hesitation. It's also very, very nice to have a substantial door that we can shut between the rooms.

Kudos to Armatha for picking up that FS for less that two rooms. Every time I've priced a suite against two rooms, the suite comes out substantially more. Of course, we only have the two kids, so we don't have enough to get into the FS.

D

Archived