Booking Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with Priceline

serfergurl

Hi all,

I am fairly new to Priceline and went to book a hotel for Ft. Lauderdale. It asked me for the area, however, when I put in Ft. Lauderdale Airport it would not give me an option for a 4 star hotel. Should I choose Downtown Ft. Lauderdale? What area is good for getting to the cruise terminal and also has restaurants/things to do?

Thanks for all your help!!

On Priceline you can choose 4* downtown for the Renaissance Hotel or 4 * beach zone for the Hyatt Pier 66. Both hotels are minutes from the port. The Hyatt is the nicer of the two IMHO, more of a resort with great views of the port. There are no 4* PL hotels near the airport. ;)

is with Priceline downtown? I've not been able to get the Renaissance. Wondered about trying for a 3 star downtown? Can't figure out who their 3 star hotels are though on Priceline.

THANKS

hugger, We got the Sheraton Yankee Clipper from PL for 4/15/07. It is a 3 star in the beach area. Got it for $105 + taxes but you may get it cheaper depending on your dates. It seems to be the most awarded for now but that could change. I think some people have been winning the Grande for downtown area.

Dave:)

Fort Lauderdale lodgeing we stayed at Sleep Inn (Dania Fl). Its 3 miles from airport. Free pick up and drop off at airport and cruise terminal. Free breakfast, clean, safe. Rates are at there website. We had no complaints.

I am happy with the booking I got at the Extended Stay on 17th 954-761-9055

hope it helps!

I am at the Extended Stay right now for a cruise conference - it isn't bad. But it wasn't cheap either.

I can see the Hyatt from here - if you can get that through Priceline, it is beautiful - right over the bridge with a magnificent view.

I have had this hotel booked for a few months - did get a decent rate of 89.99 the end of April.

Is it clean - what condition are the rooms in?

do they charge for overnight parking?

Is it close to Total Wine and Publix?

Is there a restaurant in the hotel?

Anything else you think we should know about it.

So far I've just not been able to get a 4-3 star hotel via Priceline and I'm up 50% over what I paid for one at the Renaissance last year.:confused:

Archived