Formal Wear???

brneyemomma

Well, as always, it's to each there own.

If they let you sit down and eat without wearing a coat, suit, tux or G-string then I guess it's acceptable.

I'm with your DH, I don't like wearing sport coats, suits, and definately not tux's. If that makes me a "country bumkin" aw shux I recon I am one.;)

In the end, of course, it won't be Carnival or anyone else's opinion that matters. It will be my DW. If she insists on a suit, I'll wear a freakin suit. If she says at least a sport coat, I'll go buy a sport coat. If she leaves it up to me, then I won't be the best dressed there, but I'll still have more fun than most.

I'm sure Carnival has a million different guidelines and nobody follows all of them. Just have a good time and enjoy it.

My DH will definitley agree with you all. He hates those MONKEY suits. He would wear if it i told him. But i wont make him wear soemthing he doesnt feel comfortable i rather please my man then displease him. Plus i dont like him in all that dressy stuff i love him in Jeans and t-shirt or dress shirt.

A final word to all on this thread who care to sidestep the dress code for formal nights........This is one of the reasons that some folks refer to CCL as the Wal-Mart of Cruiselines!! The rules don't seem to apply to you if you care not to follow them......a typical segment of our society today.

<Versace???? You wouldn't know that from K-Mart, who are you kidding.>

LOL, you have it backwards ;) I don't shop at k-mart. I prefer walmart:p

If I didn't enjoy all things in life, I suppose I wouldn't sail carnival :D

Besides, carnival is the fun ship.

Boy do you remind me of an old poster who has been banned from here....the 'resemblance' is amazing. :eek:

A final word to all on this thread who care to sidestep the dress code for formal nights........This is one of the reasons that some folks refer to CCL as the Wal-Mart of Cruiselines!! The rules don't seem to apply to you if you care not to follow them......a typical segment of our society today.

Nah...I think it's because of the low prices:D

Man I cant wait to break out my tux for the Fascination cruise on May 7. I havent got to wear it in a couple years and think its a great opportunity.

Im glad there is a formal night.

That means I can buy my wife a new formal gown.

What could possibly be cooler than dancing on the deck of a ship in a tux and your wife in a formal gown?

You can buy a decent tux for just a little over what you pay to rent one. There is no excuse for a man not to wear a tux on formal night.;)

We will break out the money to pay for a cruise and shore excursions and not pay out to own a tux?

Thats just silly.

Im a first time cruiser and I figured that out.

Im just thinking of all the miles my tux will get on the cruises I plan to go on.

And then I'll have to buy a new one.

Looking forward to that as well.

And no Im not rich I just believe in smart investments.;)

Blessings

Tim:cool:

Man I cant wait to break out my tux for the Fascination cruise on May 7. I havent got to wear it in a couple years and think its a great opportunity.

Im glad there is a formal night.

That means I can buy my wife a new formal gown.

What could possibly be cooler than dancing on the deck of a ship in a tux and your wife in a formal gown?

You can buy a decent tux for just a little over what you pay to rent one. There is no excuse for a man not to wear a tux on formal night.;)

We will break out the money to pay for a cruise and shore excursions and not pay out to own a tux?

Thats just silly.

Im a first time cruiser and I figured that out.

Im just thinking of all the miles my tux will get on the cruises I plan to go on.

And then I'll have to buy a new one.

Looking forward to that as well.

And no Im not rich I just believe in smart investments.;)

Blessings

All good points Tim. I am assumming you are a drummer and I am as well...long, long time at it. It appears great minds think alike. I look forward to dressing to the nines with my bride this coming week on the Pride. I am not going to be bothered by seeing people dressed down. But, it does bother me when people take guidelines and just bend them and manipulate them for there own personal needs. I had thought the reason you go to one of these formal events is because you want to do a formal thing. I don't understand the fun in going to a formal event if you aren't formal. I thought that was the idea behind it...

For the record Mary--You have been accussing folks of being judgemental here and you are BY FAR the most judgemental snob I have seen on this entire board.

Yes Ive been a drummer as well as percussionist for about 35 years not. Playing with the very famous and the not so famous.

Got my tux for a orchestra gig I did a while back and thought I would never get a chance to wear it again.

Im glad now I have the opportunity to wear it again dancing with the wife on deck as well as at a great dinner.

Who could not love that?

Peace

It is very simple......."Formal" is whatever the cruise line you are on states it is. It doesnt matter if some think that "formal" is Tux only and it doesnt matter what I think, all that matters is what Carnival says..so please just look at Carnivals guidelines for "Formal" and choose something that fits those guidelines.

I personally love to see a man in a tux but the way some of you who will be wearing a tux act I hope I am at a table with a not so formal couple.

GotDrums has a very good point for all those cost conscienous posters.

For little more than an excursion lasting 5 hours or a one time rental, you can own your own tux and wear it many times on land or on cruises.

For the record I know Im not better than anyone else. And if someone at my table makes the choice to not wear a tux thats ok with me.

Formal is formal no matter how a cruiseline defines it but I would certainly not look down my nose at how anyone else is dressed.

The problem sometimes is you have rebels without a clue who will just dress down to thumb their noses at any type of rules:confused:

This is sad but its not going to float my boat.

And if a cruisline chooses to not enforce their own policy thats ok as well.

Im going to have a great time and enjoy my cruise and try to be a blessing not a bummer to others.

Peace

Tim;)

PS I think they should have some animated smiley faces on these boards. Ones that do the cha-cha or meringue.

Just a thought

For the record I know Im not better than anyone else. And if someone at my table makes the choice to not wear a tux thats ok with me.

Formal is formal no matter how a cruiseline defines it but I would certainly not look down my nose at how anyone else is dressed.

The problem sometimes is you have rebels without a clue who will just dress down to thumb their noses at any type of rules:confused:

This is sad but its not going to float my boat.

And if a cruisline chooses to not enforce their own policy thats ok as well.

Im going to have a great time and enjoy my cruise and try to be a blessing not a bummer to others.

Peace

Tim;)

PS I think they should have some animated smiley faces on these boards. Ones that do the cha-cha or meringue.

Just a thought

If you find some you like, capture them and store them online somewhere. Then you can just post them as an image, like this:

sucker.gif

Your face seems familiar, have I perhaps seen it on album art?

Hey Don: Could be album art and I just recently published a book about my experiences playing for infamous televangelists (not advertising here folks just info).

I used to play percussion and drums on some televised TBN shows. But thats why now Im semi retired from playing music (very bad experiences playing for some of these so called Christian folk).:eek:

And thats why Im taking a cruise. Used to play for Gary Lewis and The Playboys back in the 70's as well as some others of that type.:cool:

Again though Im certainly not better than anyone else music just used to be my job.

Cant wait to wear the tux again-

Peace

Tim

Hey Don: Could be album art and I just recently published a book about my experiences playing for infamous televangelists (not advertising here folks just info).

I used to play percussion and drums on some televised TBN shows. But thats why now Im semi retired from playing music (very bad experiences playing for some of these so called Christian folk).:eek:

And thats why Im taking a cruise. Used to play for Gary Lewis and The Playboys back in the 70's as well as some others of that type.:cool:

Again though Im certainly not better than anyone else music just used to be my job.

Cant wait to wear the tux again-

Peace

Tim

I think I figured it out. I may be confusing you with this guy. h09-2.jpg

My daughter wants to know where you found this she would like to buy it for her Prom dress and to take on our cruise this summer she loves it

We are sorry, Mr. Jump is unable to take your call right now as he is currently in the penalty box.

He will return your call when he can.

We are sorry, Mr. Jump is unable to take your call right now as he is currently in the penalty box.

He will return your call when he can.

:D ROFLMAO..I'll be danged! You're a funny guy, Luv.

Just my 2 cents. Everything isn't for everybody. People are going to follow the formal guidelines and some people are going to wear what they feel comfortable in period. People are going to talk about you and form an opinion about you from the time you walk on the ship till you get off. Whether that is formal night or a port stop. I'm aware of what carnivals policy is and I will be wearing dress pants, a tie and a dress shirt, because that's what I'm comfortable in. I don't own a tux or sports coat. If I don't fit in with those around me because of what I'm wearing than I'm willing and ready to accept any stares or sideways comments that come my way. But that won't put a damper on my evening in the least bit and it shouldn't put one on your either. If carnival refused you entry to the dining room then maybe there would be a lot more people dressed in "formal wear". Until they enforce it than people will continue to dress in what they deem to be formal.

Archived