first and poss last with rccl

But they are all the same.:D Why can't they come up with something other than the usual - a roast of some wildlife indigenous to Coco Cay or Labadee.;)

Perhaps a roasted cruiser ?? That is the only "wildlife" that I know of indigenous to Coco Cay ..........:rolleyes:

does princess have fresh water pools?:confused:

Yes, at least on the Grand Princess class. They also never change out the water, so by the end of the week the pools are literally opaque with suntan oil and other substances that people didn't wash off before they got in. YUCK! Give me nice, clean, fresh-daily salt water anytime!

Also, on our Princess cruise people brought food out from the buffet to the pool deck and by the end of the afternoon there were literally plates and glasses floating around in the shallow part of the pool - I wonder what happened to the food scraps that were on the plate!

Different strokes for different folks, but I was really happy to come back to RC.

I agree with the comment that the dining rooms on Princess had really low ceilings. In fact the whole ship, except for our cabin, had low ceilings.

But they are all the same, Patti.:D Why can't they come up with something other than the usual appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, vegetable and desserts? Maybe a "catch of the day" that was caught off the bow of the ship and prepared onboard by the chefs or a roast of some wildlife indigenous to Coco Cay or Labadee.;)

RCI buys in quantity which means they buy allot of the same stuff. I think they change it up enough to cover something for everyone everyday. Keep in mind that they have to feed 3000 people a day. I think they choose their menus based on the averages of what people will eat. They cant please eveyone and the sooner you understand that, the sooner you will enjoy what your getting and stop frowning on what your not. As far as your comment about the fish caught off the ship or wild game. I am certain that there are laws about eating wild foods on ships. All it will take is for someone to eat the fish they caught and get sick and sue RCI for serving wild game. I am sorry you had a bad time, and I hope your next RCI cruise will be better if you decide to return.

I agree with many of the posters here, that there is a certain niche for every cruise line, and it sounds like RCI may not be the cruise line for you. I do hope your future cruises are awesome ones.

I don't think that the sarcasm of the above posts is necessarily called for. The OP, although somewhat fragmented, did explain what he liked and didn't like.

OP, might I suggest a smaller ship in the RCI fleet? I can understand you might be reluctant to book another cruise with RCI, but hope that you give RCI another chance, as all my cruises on the line have been wonderful. :)

But they are all the same, Patti.:D Why can't they come up with something other than the usual appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, vegetable and desserts? Maybe a "catch of the day" that was caught off the bow of the ship and prepared onboard by the chefs or a roast of some wildlife indigenous to Coco Cay or Labadee.;)

I know that they are all the same, but my point was, would your wife make up three different items in each category every night and ask what you would like??

Those aft cabins would be great..........trolling off the balcony....just like I used to do with my dad on Lake Erie for those great walleye's.

I've never had a bad meal or disliked any food on any RC ship. We've been on 18 cruises with RC. Our only problem was disembarking in LA after a 14 day cruise to Hawaii. We had an early flight (11:30am) and were supposed to be one of the first groups off. When it came time for us to clear customs and we have never had this on any other cruise with RC our color was called and we went to clear customs. We got there and the line was from one end of the ship to the other and coming back. My husband was just going to stand there and wait. Me, not the calm one in the bunch had visions of missing our flight and not getting home until the next day. We had to fly from LA to the east coast. I walked to the front of the line and pulled aside one of the guys doing the clearance. I told him we were Diamond members and had been guaranteed an early disembarkment. He followed me back to my husband and took our carry ons from us and marched us up to the front of the time. As it was we were only 45 early arriving at the airport. The problem was that when the call came for the early embarkees, everyone on the ship decided they wanted to get in line. That has been my only problem. Still can't understand why you leave LA and go to Hawaii and have to clear customs because you have a one hour stop in Mexico when you cannot get off the ship. Doesn't make sense to me.

I know that they are all the same, but my point was, would your wife make up three different items in each category every night and ask what you would like??

Well every night she presents me with a printed menu and asks me to make my selections.;) And if you believe that, Patti, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.:rolleyes: If she asks me to choose from different items on the menu, it is probably a menu from a take-out restaurant and she is about to call in our order.:D

RCI buys in quantity which means they buy allot of the same stuff. I think they change it up enough to cover something for everyone everyday. Keep in mind that they have to feed 3000 people a day. I think they choose their menus based on the averages of what people will eat. They cant please eveyone and the sooner you understand that, the sooner you will enjoy what your getting and stop frowning on what your not. As far as your comment about the fish caught off the ship or wild game. I am certain that there are laws about eating wild foods on ships. All it will take is for someone to eat the fish they caught and get sick and sue RCI for serving wild game. I am sorry you had a bad time, and I hope your next RCI cruise will be better if you decide to return.

I think you have me confused with the OP. My comments were meant to poke fun at the OP's complaint about the sameness of the daily menus in the dining room and Windjammer, since I believe that the menu selection on RCI ships is quite extensive. Short of adding some things as exotic as those items I suggested in an apparently failed attempt at humor, I couldn't think of many items that could be added. Sorry that you took those suggestions seriously. That wasn't my intent.:(

Well every night she presents me with a printed menu and asks me to make my selections.;) And if you believe that, Patti, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.:rolleyes: If she asks me to choose from different items on the menu, it is probably a menu from a take-out restaurant and she is about to call in our order.:D

I just love those types of home cooked meals.:p

You're just wrapped up in the moment with your invite. Congratulations and have a great time..............though I know that you don't need any prompting as you would have a good time on a sail boat!!:)

I greatly appreciate the OPs review! I've been on one cruise, that was the Dawn Princess, it was wonderful, and yes, the pools are fresh water and I'm up early and saw the water being changed daily, in the pools as well as the hot tubs. My next cruise is on Brilliance of the Sea and I am eager to see if it will be as awesome as my cruise on Princess was...I can't imagine it being any better, but we shall see...grammatical errors and run-on sentences don't bother me either, we all do them from time to time, the point still gets across, and isn't honestly reviewing our cruising experience what this message board is all about, the OP gave me lots to think about and maybe I'll write my own review when I return from my next cruise.

check in was nice no problems a good start. but then the muster 30 min cannot hear the capt so a waist of time, i understand it is nessary.

pools salt water, but again they are saving energy?! kids pool only open a few hours why? GR was no help, but there are better things to do...like lunch at the almighty buffet.:D ......not so good same ole menue every day, kids did enjoy the adventure club....

menues at dinner not too many options, same thing every other night not like the ads on the travel channel:(

extra this extra that, 1 theater so 1 show......but i did like the ice skating show a must see for those going on the explorer, crew was outstanding especially our stateroom attendant bennington he is the best, and our waiters jintardra and franky. extursion desk not too good open during the day we had a problem on sat but the desk was closed upon returning to the ship and closed the next day in am....how convienent:(

disembarkation was so disorganised, there were folks who had to leave at 7 am and the ship did ot unload their luggage antil after i went off at 930am....maybe im whiney, but this was not what happened on our 2 cruises on princess.......so is it rccl cutting back on quality to make a buck or am i luckless?!

btw stay away from rainbow reef snorkle, it is a cattle boat going to a location where 3 other cattle boats go, my mom had an asthma attack in the water, another skin diver hepled me to get her out of the water, plus they went to the mouth of the ocean inlet 2-4 ft waves not fun not worth the trouble

I have had 37 cruises with RCCL and they have been great. We were on the explorer for our anniv. and had a great time, no coomplaints. Sorry to hear that you were somewhat disappointed.

Your Pros and Cons are pretty much split down the middle numbers wise, but in importance wise, I think the pros have it by a longshot.

Great checkin, buffet, waiters, cabin attendants, ice shows and Adventure Ocean for the kids.

Some of your negatives could be overcome easily. If the Explorations Desk is closed, go to Guest Services. I found them to be very helpful. The purpose of the Muster Drill is to make sure you know where to go in an emergency. Be assured in an emergency, you will hear specific instructions on what to do from the staff. I don't go on a Caribbean cruise expecting not to encounter salt water, so salt water pools don't bother me. I've never had an issue with what you refer to as a "limited menu". I've always enjoyed the variety at dinner and the buffet. As far as the theatre, while I didn't particularly like the production shows, again, I didn't go on a cruise just to see shows, so one theatre is fine by me.

As far as disembarkation, I've never seen one that isn't hectic. On a recent AOS disembarkation, it went fairly smoothly mainly because we weren't in a hurry to get off. I think the problem with most disembarkations is passengers put themselves in a bind by setting up extremely early flight times and expecting the whole process to revolve around them. Given that thousands of folks are leaving the ship within a three hour period and all of the luggage has to go with them, I would suggest that they consider the enormity of this task and plan accordingly. Somebody getting off at 7 a.m. and expect luggage right away is unrealistic given that many circumstances are out of RCCL hand's such as how fast the porters (employed by the port and not RCCL) handle the bags once the ship is unloaded as well as how fast Customs clears persons and luggage.

You got bashed pretty good, but I don't think your issues warrant bashing RCCL.

Ooops forgot something:

To the poster who said they don't change out the water in the pools....

I guess you don't swim in hotel pools....or home pools....the water is not changed out just filtered.

By the way....I have a salt pool at home so I don't mind the salt - way better than chlorine. But! My pool is not full of sea water. My daughter got sea lice from the pool on our first cruise. So whatever they are doing to filter the water it's not enough.

By the way - it wasn't from a beach in port....she got it on day two after a "sea day" pun intended.

Why do so many of you suggest to to the OP to look on the bright side or attempt to counter his negative experiences with either your own positive ones, or post general comments meant to turn his negative into a positive???

We all pay GOOD money to sail on these ships and if he, or anyone else, has a shi!!y time, they are certainly entitled to express it on this forum (yes, as are each of you to express a contrary opinion - but that's not my point). MANY people have similar experiences. It sure ain't all roses onboard.

The more I read this forum, the more many of you come across a promotional ads for RCCL. Don't get me wrong; there is some incredibly useful info on this site, but it irks me that so many people come off with a hollier-than-thou attitude when someone expresses a negative sentiment about RCCL. They're very quick to reply with that THEY think are positive aspects of the product (what's bizarre to me is many posters seem to take it personally when someone posts a negative comment!). And let's not forget...this is a product; like any resort, hotel, airline, etc. Yes, the people are amazing, but there are problems and negatives with any product you purchase. Only publicly speaking about them and discussing them will lead to any possibility of the product "owner" making changes for the better.

My point? Let people freely express their displeasure with their experiences on RCCL without fear of being belittled by doing so.

And if you had a great experience, like I did, say so. But perhaps create your own thread to express your opinion. Don't try and spin someone else's.

I think you have me confused with the OP. My comments were meant to poke fun at the OP's complaint about the sameness of the daily menus in the dining room and Windjammer, since I believe that the menu selection on RCI ships is quite extensive. Short of adding some things as exotic as those items I suggested in an apparently failed attempt at humor, I couldn't think of many items that could be added. Sorry that you took those suggestions seriously. That wasn't my intent.:(

Well, I thought it was funny so at least one person "got it"!

It never ceases to amaze me when people complain about the "same menu" at the Windjammer every day! Yes, it is the same but YOU can choose a different meal choice each day from the VAST assortment of items available. You don't have to have the same food every day:rolleyes:

Seems like some people complain about the food and ( imo ) I think they do pretty good considerig all the people they have to feed. Lets settle this like this....we all become food critics and work for RCI and we have to cruise on every ship they have until we can decide who has the best food. BRILLIANT !!:) Now I have to tell my boss Im leaving for 1 year...LOL

the people dont bother me, ie;spring break, ....and the food thing was just what it was, on the other hand at the meet and mingle my mom won dinner at potofinos, which she loved, i cannot do cover charged resturants every night after 4000$ cruise, didnt do them on the other line either. i will say all in all,,,,good cruise and ill give the capt his props....we were on time or early to each port.

i forgot one thing that ALL cruises should take after rccl is all kids get a " bracelet " that has their muster station number on it, if u r on 1 location and the alarm goes off no need to find kids staff will know where to get them to. that is the biggest positive i can give over all. who knows maybe we will try one on another ship..........:confused:

Archived