Private drivers - how to book?

HI

I'm quite new to all this, having recently booked my first cruise (in September). I've been avidly reading these boards and picking up lots of information.

I'm going with my elderly mother (85) and had thought as it's our first time we'd probably do some of the ships tours, however there are some places I'd quite like to see which aren't covered by the ships tours.

I've read posts from people who say they've booked private drivers, and I'm wondering how you go about this. I am particularly interested in Cannes, I've found "Dream Tours" which do lovely mini-bus tours from Cannes to all the places I want to go,but for just two of us that would be too expensive, I just need a car and driver.

I want to make sure we are safe, I wouldn't want to just jump in a taxi or anything!

Any advice would be very welcome please.

Polly

HI

I'm quite new to all this, having recently booked my first cruise (in September). I've been avidly reading these boards and picking up lots of information.

I'm going with my elderly mother (85) and had thought as it's our first time we'd probably do some of the ships tours, however there are some places I'd quite like to see which aren't covered by the ships tours.

I've read posts from people who say they've booked private drivers, and I'm wondering how you go about this. I am particularly interested in Cannes, I've found "Dream Tours" which do lovely mini-bus tours from Cannes to all the places I want to go,but for just two of us that would be too expensive, I just need a car and driver.

I want to make sure we are safe, I wouldn't want to just jump in a taxi or anything!

Any advice would be very welcome please.

Polly

Contact the tour company you are interested in and look at what the itineraries are that they offer and get pricing. You have searched this forum to get recommendations on tour companies and drivers, right?

Have you signed on to your roll call yet here on the cruise critic forum? If not do that and then once you feel comfortable with the selection of tour driver post it on your roll call to see if others are interested in joining you and sharing the cost.

Perhaps also someone on your roll call is looking to share and has already booked something and you may want to join them. Saves on cost.

PTC

Polly,

We did it exactly as PTC just described... start at the roll call for your cruise and see what comes up, or put the opportunity to join you on a tour out there and see if you get some interest. The Cannes private tour we took was the highest cost tour for all of our ports, so it pays to put together a group.

Also, I would be very up front with your tour company to make sure your itinery matches your mothers mobility level- Eze, for instance is an uphill walk with a lot of cobblestones etc. I have one parent would probably could do it, and another that couldn't.

Good luck.

Archived