Another drift snorkel question

jane02

We are planning to do the drift snorkel in Raiatea in July ( with Princess). They offer two times 8.30-12noon or 12.30 - 4pm. Can someone advise what session is best. My gut feeling is that the water would be much warmer later in the day but I am a morning type of person and love an early start.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Jane;)

We did the early morning drift. The water there is mighty warm at any time of the day. The ocean won't warm up any more in the afternoon, plus you're more likey to hit a shower in the afternoon.

If you haven't booked yet, your decision might also be made for you as these excursions book very fast. We went for the afternoon one and got the morning. It turned out to be a great day and it did rain on our way back to the ship from the dive. The afternoon dive was cut short because of choppy waters.

Charlie

its wonderful morning, afternoon & night! :cool:

I can honestly say that I never really noticed any difference in the water temp ... always great. The air temperate & sun do varie from day to day however.

Dan

Bruno is booked out the day we want to go. The cost doesn't bother us at all -we would just like to have a good time snorkelling.

Jane

We intentionally didn't book Bruno because I didn't want to do another full day tour. We did the Princess Drift Snorkel and it was great!!!! We did two passes thru the gardens and the number was very limited ..we thought it was just right. Then we had the afternoon to look thru the shops and rest.

We booked the am tour and had the same concerns, but it was very warm by the time we got to the spot and we got to see LOTS of dolphins along the way. You won't be disapointed!!!

We intentionally didn't book Bruno because I didn't want to do another full day tour. We did the Princess Drift Snorkel and it was great!!!! We did two passes thru the gardens and the number was very limited ..we thought it was just right. Then we had the afternoon to look thru the shops and rest.

We booked the am tour and had the same concerns, but it was very warm by the time we got to the spot and we got to see LOTS of dolphins along the way. You won't be disapointed!!!

Thanks for the info Laura! We are booked in the morning drift with Princess as well.. then hoping to check out a vanilla plantation in the afternoon - or possibly a spa....

we did the morning drift through princess as well...it was wonderful! it was super hot no matter what time you go - even at 7am in the morning when i stepped out on our balcony to take some pictures it was so hot you start to sweat instantly! the water - no matter what temp - will be welcomed!

Archived