Wonder July5-7 HELP!

Hrc568

Hi Everyone,

I need some advise on a couple of issues for my families upcoming cruise. This is my 2nd cruise with my wife but first taking our children, DD 10 and DS 7. We will be staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter from June 30 to July 4 and then on the Wonder for a 3 night cruise. There is ground transportation included (optional) in the cost of the trip, $230.00 for 4 people, it covers transportation from the airport to the resort, from the resort to the ship and from the ship to the airport. The only thing is we are going to pick up a rental car at Cape Canaveral after the cruise for the remainder of the vacation. Is there free Disney transportation from the airport to the resort? From the resort to the cruise? Should I book different transportation from the resort to the ship or just stay with the Disney arrangements? The second issue is with the kids camps on the cruise. If I can convince my kids to go into them will Disney allow both go in the same one. I know there are age limits but do they make exceptions?

Thanks for all you anticipated WONDERful advise.

Transportation from the airport to the resort is free, transportation from the resort to the cruiseship and back to the airport is not, you'd have to pay $35 pp for any one-way transfers to/from the cruiseship. If we're doing a few days in WDW prior to doing the 3-day Wonder we just rent a car from MCO for the week and park it at the terminal ($12/day). I usually find it's a little cheaper that way, it's an easy drive to the port and I like being able to just jump in the car and being on our way vs waiting on a bus.

I think DCL is pretty good about the kids groups, I think as long as the child is close to the age group you want to put them DCL will allow it, especially if you're trying to keep siblings together. Considering the age groups are 3-7 and 8-12 you'd probably want to put the little one in the 8-12 group, the 10 year old might feel a little out of place in the younger age group.

I agree...DME buses are free from the MCO airport to resort and then a car rental is a great way to go and does usually save you some money. You can even rent them on-ste if you choose I think Alamo. Enterprise I did too in Sept and they dropped me off free on-site at my hotel. Bus transfers are expensive and usually very time restrictive. Good Luck.

Transportation from the airport to the resort is free, transportation from the resort to the cruiseship and back to the airport is not, you'd have to pay $35 pp for any one-way transfers to/from the cruiseship. If we're doing a few days in WDW prior to doing the 3-day Wonder we just rent a car from MCO for the week and park it at the terminal ($12/day). I usually find it's a little cheaper that way, it's an easy drive to the port and I like being able to just jump in the car and being on our way vs waiting on a bus.

I think DCL is pretty good about the kids groups, I think as long as the child is close to the age group you want to put them DCL will allow it, especially if you're trying to keep siblings together. Considering the age groups are 3-7 and 8-12 you'd probably want to put the little one in the 8-12 group, the 10 year old might feel a little out of place in the younger age group.

yikes I'm way too frugal (cheap;) ) to go this route. :D

Pay for a rental all week then pay to park it too.

I'd have a meltdown.:p

I rent but drop off at rental place and get shuttled to the ship. Then get shuttled back after the cruise and grab the car. Takes maybe 15 minutes.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

We took the free Magical Express from the airport to POFQ. It is free, but don't forget to make a reservation.

We used the bus system to get to the parks. On the morning of our cruise, budget rental picked my hubby up at POFQ around 9 and took him to get the rental car on WDW property. He came back and picked us up. We drove to Port Canaveral, he dropped us and the luggage off at the curb, and took the car back to Budget and rode their free shuttle back to the port. This was all for $50. Then we did the same shuttle when we returned to the port (all of us and luggage) and drove our rental car back to the airport for $50 or so. Great way to go for $100 - and we were eating lunch with our son using the mickey slide by 12:30 on board. (Be sure to pack swimsuits in your carry-on!) :)

Archived