Bon Voyoge Liquor

msamanda2006

I was wondering the same - so I called the Bon Voyage Department. They said you can buy liquor from them that will be in your cabin upon arrival. This liquor can be consumed in your room and anywhere on the ship. I was just checking on Vodka and you can get Absolute 40 oz for $40.00, Smirnoff 1 liter for $40.00, Belvadeer, Grey Goose, Kettle One 1 liter for $60.00. Only the liquor purchased in the gift shops will be held. Hope this helps. The number to call is 1-800-522-7648:D

We did this for this first time on the Valor cruise that we just returned from. I found it well worth the price to not have to try smuggling. If you call the Bon Voyage department they will be able to tell you the sizes of the bottles that they sell.

The only problem that we encountered -- which was with the purser's office rather than the Bon Voyage department was that when the liquor had not arrived in our cabin shortly before sailing I called the purser (the Bon Voyage department was not open, as they are closed weekends), and they absolutely insisted that the liquor would NOT be delivered to the cabin; I would have to find the Bon Voyage agent in the dining room at dinner and make arrangements then to get it. I pointed out that I was not talking about wine or anything for dinner, but about the bottles of liquor that belonged in our cabin. He was adamant -- nothing to be delivered to the cabin. Fortunately, he was dead wrong, and the liquor showed up in our cabin shortly after the muster drill.

Something to consider -- you might want to pack some smaller plastic bottles that you can put any leftover liquor into at the end of the cruise so you can take easily take it with you. (Although I think I can already hear people out there saying that it's not possible to have leftover liquor!).

I call the Bon Voyage people (1-800-522-7648, #1) and they were very helpful. I ordered liquor, size 40 oz and also tonic water which was l.80 a bottle. They also have bottles of wine for around $20. The liquor cost about $40 a bottle. You need a credit card when you order and she promised that it would be in the cabin when we get there. Hope so, am looking forward to the bon voyage party. :)

And what about mixers? I'd like to sit on my balcony and drink a bloody mary.

Just about every stateroom has a mini-bar in it. They are stocked with several different mixers. Tomato juice, sodas, and juices. Of course you have to pay for them.

they dont have anything that I like....

No coolers ... no schnaaps... and no coconut rum or anything like that!:eek:

For a place that has an issue with people getting drunk on their ships , you would think that they would have some softer stuff for the women out here !

What is a woman to do :( ?

Dont want to have to smuggle ...LOL

For a place that has an issue with people getting drunk on their ships , you would think that they would have some softer stuff for the women out here !

Dont want to have to smuggle ...LOL

I DID however order the Carnival Cocktails Book from them and order 20 drink coupons...:D for a grand total of 101.45

How many fruity Frosty FOO FOO drinks does the average woman drink on a 5 day cruise ? Just curious ...:confused:

Wine, bubbly, liquor are all good news, anybody know if they also offer beer?

Sure, but you buy it for the price they sell it for onboard...

They also have a few different beer items in the gift section online...

i called today thinking of ordering a case of corona.

i asked how much,and was told the beer was sold by the bottle only and a case at$ 4.60 a peice was a little over a hundred dollars.so needless to say that was a big no thanks.

as for the jack i did order a bottle for the room at 55.00 its the big bottle so its worth not having the smuggling aggrevation.

i ordered one for my last cruise and everything was as promised.

so drink up and have fun:D

They do have some nice Irish cream liquer.

I like to pre-order my wine because I can pay for it before hand. I realize it all comes out of my bank account, but anything that makes my sail and sign account smaller at the end of a cruise is good for my mental status...ha ha!

I have ordered a bottle of liquor from room service on a few occasions, and this worked out just fine. Just another thought....

Are you referring to wine, or hard liquor? If hard liquor, can I ask how long ago that was, and what ship? Thanks

Are you referring to wine, or hard liquor? If hard liquor, can I ask how long ago that was, and what ship? Thanks

I have done this both on the Conquest in 2004 and on the Legend in 2006. I ordered a bottle of Stolichnaya vodka each time with no problem.

Didn't think it could be ordered thru room service. Good to know, thanks :)

Yeah, I have been told on cruisecritic that it couldn't be done, AND I've been told by the Pursur's desk that it couldn't be done... however, both times I have tried it, low and behold, it worked without a problem.

I may have just gotten lucky though. My thinking also is that if you can order it through bon voyage, there IS a bon voyage department on each ship (Formalities -- where you rent tuxes, buy roses, etc), so I don't see why it couldn't be done onboard if room service denied you for whatever reason.

When all else fails, slip the room steward a $20, and I'm sure he'll be happy to arrange it for you =)

Do you happen to know what brand? I love Bailey's but don't like some others I've tried.

It is called Sheridan's and is absolutely delicious. The day the ship offers the liquor tasting is how I found out about it. It is very close to Bailey's only better. If I remember correctly it sells for $22.00 a bottle. I came home with a case. The liquor tasting should be advertised in your Capers( Carnival's daily paper of each days activities) Enjoy your trip!

Archived