I DID IT!!!!! We swore we would never sail CB!!

Murphey

But we just booked a September cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We are "small ship" people, but have cruised extensively with Princess. I need some encouragement that we will enjoy it and not think it's too big or impersonal. We have sailed on the Star and Golden and it was OK, but prefer Sun class and smaller. We think we snagged a good cabin (C742) and that will help our enjoyment (being to escape to a nice balcony if we feel overwhelmed with people)!! Help convince me we are doing the right thing :D :D

We had C748 on CB in December. Had a great time. Didn't seem overcrowded most of the time - though you had to be at the theater at least 30 minutes early if you wanted a seat for the first show.

I am sure you will have a great cruise.

To the OP-We said the exact same thing when we heard the stats on the Caribbean Princess. Never, not us, we just won't sail on a huge ship like that.

We have now sailed on it twice, and for a 7 day cruise, it really was pretty good, especially the food. So, I also had to eat my words.

Now admittedly, for 7 days I can handle anything, even all those extra passengers. But it really was much better than we expected. You will have a great time.

My wife thinks just the opposite. We had always been on larger ships. Lots of activities and she never let me rest. Dancing, golfing, volley ball exercise classes, table tennis, etc. My options, if she would let me was the free champagne at the art autions and lectures.

She thought smaller ships would be better because fewer people would be there. So, we went on the RCL Rhaposdy last November. She was disapointed because of the lack of activities compared the the other ships. I got some rest.:D

I was worried because this year we are going on the Tahitian Princess (670 or so). I think along with its sister ship, it is the smallest in the fleet, and certanly much smaller that the Grand, which we think it the best ship we have sailed on.

But we are going because of itinerary so she has adjusted, but looks forward to our next cruise being on a larger ship. I've promised her that.

My first cruise was on CB. It was my mom's second.(Her first was really bad..went through a huricane) And my grandmother has been on alot of cruises. Most of them on the Veendam.

Everybody loved the CB cruise. It was awesome.

The ship itself is very nice. It was never crowded anywhere. Except Horizon Court at the peak mealtimes.

My grandmother was worried about how big the ship was. But she loved it.

We all want to cruise the same ship again.(Now if you mention a cruise in front of my mom she won't do anything except Princess)

Well, I'll probably be flamed ... we did not LOVE the CB, nor did we hate it. For what it was, it was fine. We too prefer the smaller ships (don't ask me why we've booked the Golden in September ... I had very little say in the matter :mad: ).

If the main pools are a little to "crazed," retreat to the aft pool under Skywalkers. Much more to our liking and only for adults.

You'll have a good time, but you will notice a difference.

We were on the CB last September and loved it. In fact we signed up for the back to back while onboard we enjoyed it so much. Check out Berte Stratton at the piano. He's great but you have to be early for a seat even in September.;)

We were not overrun with people. I retreated to our balcony when I wanted alone time. We enjoyed the anytime dining. Found if we ate around sevenish, it was with Americans. At 8 or later it was with Europeans. We met lots of really nice people. Except that we wanted a different itinerary we would be there this September.:)

Although we have never been on a sun class ship we have sailed both the Star and the Diamond as well as the CB. Of the three, we much preferred the CB. It was 10 times better than the Star. We never felt it any more crowded than either of the other two ships but it had better dining choices and entertainment. You'll enjoy it!

sueandkent....could you explain a little more what you preferred about the CB over the Star? It seems that the "other" grand class ships are pretty similar except for the addition of the Riviera deck of cabins and Carib Cafe (that is just an extention of the buffet, right?) thx...

Although it is a "big ship" it is divided up into lots of more "intimate" spaces (lounges, dining areas, entertainment venues, and other public spaces) so you never feel like you are in the middle of a crowd. We have sailed on the Caribbean Princess on our last two cruises and will probably go again... we love this ship!

We too are booked on the CB in September but we love cruising and don't care as much about the ship as the experience!! Our last princess cruises were on the Sapphire but reading these boards I think most like the CB better .. we will see :)

I understand your feeling completely! I MUCH prefer the sun class ships of Princess, however I just booked the CB this week -- again! We've been on it twice before and each time I wasn't in love with the ship but if we want to go to the Caribbean at the times we can travel, that was the choice. If you are traveling off peak (no holidays and school breaks), I think you will enjoy the ship. Otherwise, too many kids and a whole different feeling.

Hello all :)

We are very excited about our 12th Cruise with Princess and our first cruise on the CP in October 2007:D. We have a balcony(our 3rd and no we have never fallen off nor have we tried to run and jump off for fun:rolleyes: Our cabin is on the Caribe deck #306. From picture I have seen this ship looks incredible, we are doing a back to back eastern/western for 14 glorious days, I have 28weeks to get in shape for the buffet.:eek:

• 1 month later...
We think we snagged a good cabin (C742) and that will help our enjoyment (being to escape to a nice balcony if we feel overwhelmed with people)!! Help convince me we are doing the right thing

Hey Murphey,

Be sure to keep the room clean - we've booked the same one and sail after you two!

Hey Murphey,

Be sure to keep the room clean - we've booked the same one and sail after you two!

Hey.....Hi you two!! Nice to hear you are still "sailing upon the seas". I see you sometimes around CC...Would really like to run into you sometime!! Unfortunately, we canceled our CB cruise in September. We decided to take the 20 day cruise to Midway on the Regal (on Monday!!! (5/28). We are on the Dawn to Mexico (10/28, 11/4 and 11/11). Come join us on one or two of those!!!!!

I had heard that that Caribe cabin was great...hope you enjoy it!!! Hi to Jeff too!!!

We were on the Caribbean Princess last week, and it was a full ship, but I was surprised how UNCROWDED it seemed most of the time. Tough to find a seat in the theater for the first show, but other than that, I kept wondering where all the people were! :D

Enjoy your cruise!

We are on the Dawn to Mexico (10/28, 11/4 and 11/11). Come join us on one or two of those!

Wow! We had actually looked at that itinerary - we love the Dawn. But, we are going on our 1st Costa cruise the first week of December and then a big land trip to Asia next March so we just had to pass (despite the great pricing we saw). Good to hear you're keeping busy...

Please report back in about what you think about Costa....would love your impressions. Have fun in Asia....we did a 18 day land/river trip in China last fall...was fantastic.....good to mix it up a bit .....again, have a great time!!!

Archived