Information on and reviews of Tequila Beach

kellygirl3

Sorry you had a bad experience and thanks for reporting the name of the tour company.

I am curious why you didn't book the tour with David & Ivan. By all reports on this (Costa Maya) forum there are THE guys to book the ruins tour with and always get great reviews.

I hope you enjoyed the other parts of your cruise.

John

Sorry you had a bad experience and thanks for reporting the name of the tour company.

I am curious why you didn't book the tour with David & Ivan. By all reports on this (Costa Maya) forum there are THE guys to book the ruins tour with and always get great reviews.

I hope you enjoyed the other parts of your cruise.

John

Well, at first we thought we would be spending the rest of the day at Tequila Beach, and Otto claims to give you a discount if you tour with him and then go there.

I posted this on another thread but thought maybe I should have posted it seperately so here it is again:

My DH and I spent the day at Tequila Beach on May 18th, we had a great time. I pre-booked over the Internet and Otto called me a couple of times to confirm everything. We booked a 1/2 hour waverunner, the snorkel trip and Admiral's passes which included lunch and beverages.

We arrived around 10:00 AM and the lady working the desk did not have a record of our reservation. It seems Otto and I made a mistake and they were expecting us the previous day.:p She called Otto, he came right over and there was no problem, they honored the reservation and deposits I had made. We decided not to do the snorkel excursion which was also no problem, they credited that deposit towards our day passes.

We were shown around the area and told to just pick chairs and a waiter would take care of our drink and food orders. We wanted to do the waverunner first and needed a locker which required a $5.00 key deposit which was returned at the end of the day. A guide lead us out on the waverunner and then we were free to zoom around on our own. We had a great time and he let us stay out longer than 1/2 hour. The waverunner was a good one in excellent condition.

When we returned to the beach I noticed some really nice wooden loungers with thick cushions and umbrellas in a prime location so we headed there. The sign said $10.00 to rent so we called over a waiter, handed him $20.00 and gave him our drink order. We didn't mind paying extra for the nice chairs, it was well worth it to us. When our waiter Adolfo returned with the drinks he gave us $10.00 change as that was the charge for two chairs, not $10.00 per chair.

As far as all the bad reviews on here about the bad service well I think you have to realize you are in a very rustic Mexican location and you just can not expect to be waited on hand and foot, especially for the bargain prices they charge. Adlolfo was working his butt off the whole time we were there and we understood imediately we would probably have to run to the bar a few time ourselves, there just aren't enough waiters to go around. It was only a few steps from our water front chairs so what is the big deal? Get off your butt and go get a drink if you really want one right now.

The beer is served in cups and pretty warm if you are doing the all-inclusive so if you plan to drink beer all day the package is probably not for you. They had lots of frou-frou drinks like Miami Vice and Sex on the Beach, stuff like that. There was a group of college age kids there and they were having no problem getting their $$'s worth.

The nachos were pretty lame, reminded me of the ones from our Little League snack bar but I was very pleased with the lunch we ordered. We both had shrimp cocktails that were huge and a meal unto themselves. Giant fish bowls of shrimp swimming in a yummy, tangy cocktail sauce, best I've ever had. The lobster was decent sized and it came with some good Mexican rice. We could no way eat it all, so no complaints there.

We also bought a couple of things from the vendors there and you could get a massage if you wanted. A few people came by selling trinkets but there was not pressure to buy, so you were more or less sheltered from the hawkers.

When we left we stopped and talked to Otto and he asked how our day went, we gave him the thumbs up and I promised to write a review on Cruise Critic. We were tired but he encouraged us to walk through Majahaul, it is beautiful and I am glad we didn't miss it. We grabbed a couple of bottles of water from the bar for the road and off we went.

I would absolutely return to Tequila Beach and I think most people can have an enjoyable day there if you know what to expect. The Ritz it's not but the beach is beautiful, the booze is flowing and the beer is warm so order something else.:)

Hopefully this review wasn't too long but I think I covered the bases, any questions, just ask.

I could not of written this review better myself. You covered all of my thoughts and we did the same things and had the same experience except they had my reservation ... lol

We were there on the 25th of May. I would go back in a second!!

Janet, GREAT review :)

Archived