Just Back - Belize - Cabe Tubing - BUTTS UP

kellygirl3

Belize

This was a tender island. This was the most confusing thing Carnival did. We stood in three different lines – and told three different things and finally just got on a boat with no sticker at all. This tender is a good twenty minute boat ride – and the boats have some speed so it was fun.

We booked through cave-tubing.com. They met us at the end of the pier and we got the VIP treatment. We passed a heard of people standing in lines. Went straight to our air-conditioned bus and headed out. Our guide Kevin was great. He makes the thirty minute drive fly by. I will say that Belize City was not much to look at but once we got into the mountains it was beautiful. We got our gear and headed up the trail for the cave-tubing. Again – I have heard that this was a short walk – it was not. It was about 35-40 minutes – up and down – rough terrain with mud and rocks. Several people fell but no-one was injured. It was hot and muggy and we could not wait to get into the water. The water was very cool and refreshing and just spectacular views. We all locked together and went through the caves. This was really something special. Everyone loved it. There were spots that went a little fast but mostly we floated along peacefully with our guides doing most of the work. We did have some shallow spots and had to “BUTTS UP” but the guides warned us and made it fun.

We were in the water about a 1 ½ hour and stopped at a local restaurant called Amiga’s for lunch. This was one of my favorite stops. The food was called in ahead – you got chicken with rice and beans for $5. The restaurant was a large tiki-style hut with a great breeze and I loved it because it was not “touristy” and was off the beaten path.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the NCL Sun and went on the cave-tubing dot com tour wth Yhonny. One of the best excursions i have ever done in 8 cruises. Yhonny and his guys do a FANTASTIC job. Dennis and Jeff were great with our group. Our party of 15 was very happy and really enjoyed these guys and their enthusiasm and eagerness to treat their customers very well. A MUCH better deal than the cruise line excursion offered at half the price. Lunch stop they do after is great too - lots of local flavor! You can't go wrong with these guys. Have no fear!

Be sure when you look for them you look for somebody with a cave-tubing dot com shirt. They are outside of the main gate. It was kind of confusing as our tender boat put us in front of an exit that was around the corner from where the bus will be waiting for you.

You should give Nacho and Cyndee a try. We used them and the distance that we walked was shorter than the other tour groups. We did their combo zip-line/cave tubing tour, but they have others. Great people to work with.

We had a group of 8 and used Cavetubing.com. We really liked it! Our only complaint was our tour guide liked to hear himself talk and gave us all a headache on the bus ride. His name was Richard.

The walk is so long for this group because they go to an extra cave. The walk is quite long and hot and muggy - but we all agreed it was worth it to have the extra cave to ourselves. Wear only your bathing suit if you can - our stuff was guarded and kept safe on the bus. I wore WalMart water shoes - a mistake. I should have worn my Teva sandals...

I would definitely recommend this company - they do all the work for you! We saw several other groups that had to paddle themselves. The caves were beautiful and the water very refreshing!

Our bus did not vote to eat at Amiga's, which was another disappointment to our group. But I think it was because everyone was tired of listening to our guide yabber on! :-) Talkative guide aside - we recommend them highly!

We had a great time with Cavetubing.com also.

I was apprehensive at first when booking this tour because of posts regarding the "walk" -----

It was not near as bad as I thought and even though I was last - one of the guides was right there behind me and never said hurry up or anything.... we spoke of his family, his up bringing in Belize, and about the area .... very pleasant. We were a group of 11 and had 4 guides and a driver. The guides carried all the women's tubes and vests so made it even easier. A few spots were a little tricky (tree roots and up and down) but they just took it slow.... also DEFINATELY WORTH ANOTHER 10 MINUTES OF WALKING FOR THE SECOND CAVE !!!!!

We all voted to eat afterwards....but we stopped at Cheers for chicken, rice and beans etc..... yum.

Archived