What's the best ships for dinner for two?

moesyk4

My husband and I absolutely do not like small talk (I know, it's terrible), but we were so glad we got advice from this board and were able to get a table for two for our ship Sovreign of the Seas so easily. Are all lines that easy? Which lines can you pretty much not count on it and which ones can you depend on?

My husband and I absolutely do not like small talk (I know, it's terrible), but we were so glad we got advice from this board and were able to get a table for two for our ship Sovreign of the Seas so easily. Are all lines that easy? Which lines can you pretty much not count on it and which ones can you depend on?
The prinsendam has 6 tables for 2 in the forward section along the Starboard windows....They are excellent for couples.:cool:

We've requested a table for two on all three cruises we've sailed on Celebrity and not once was our request granted. Maybe we'll have better luck now that we're Elite loyalty members.

Royal Caribbean always gives us a table for two.

I only have a sample set of 1, but we got a guaranteed table for two on the Tahitian Princess, and our TA sounded surprised that I was worried about not being able to snag one. That might be a Princess thing (anytime dining), or a Tahitian Princess thing (smaller ship, more geared towards honeymooners), but it was really easy for us to get on this ship.

You should not have a problem getting a table for two on Celebrity. If you were not assigned one, you should see the maitre d. He will get one for you. On our last cruise there were several tables open. Passengers often change to alternate dining seatings so there's always some tables open. (We could switch over to the late seating on a couple nights we wanted more pre dinner time to relax. ) It should not be a problem. Just ask.

Also, don't forget to put it in your reservation when you put in your down payment. It'll practically guarrantee it before you leave.

IMO - Best ships for tables for 2

NCL - freestyle dining

Princess - anytime dining

Any higher-end cruiseline

On any other line, it is just the luck of the draw. You can always stand in line to talk to the Maitre' D - but not always available. If this is a deal breaker for you on mass market ship, go with one of the first 2 mentioned.

We've never had a problem getting tables for two on RCCI or Celebrity. That said, in looking around during dinner, it always seems like it is easier to get a table for two for EARLY seating. I wonder if late seating is more popular?

Archived