Private guides

mumsiesof2

That is what we did in Grand Cayman last week. There were MANY vans just waiting outside the pier to take tourists on tours. They hold up signs with the destinations and prices. We asked a port authority person in the pier area if it was safe. And she said "Oh definitely!" and called one of the drivers over to talk to us.

We had 12 passengers in our van. It cost us $20 a person. The driver took us to Hell, Tortuga Rum Cake Factory and Store, 7 mile beach, the Conch House, and all over the island. He was very interesting and knowledgable about his home.

After he had dropped everyone off, we asked him for some restaurant recommendations. He said "Jump back in! I will take you to my favorite restaurant!" We ended up having a delicious buffet lunch.

He was so nice and it was a great tour! Grand Cayman was our favorite port on our cruise last week! After lunch, we shopped and just walked around Georgetown.

We were in Grand Cayman last week and used Marva Shaw's son Javia as our tour guide. He lives on Cayman and was willing to take us anywhere we wanted to go and customized our tour for us. We went to rum point and to the St Pedro's castle tour and then he took us to a local restaurant for lunch. He was going to take us shopping, but we had laid around on the beach too long and needed to get back to the ship due to the long tender lines. We had a great time and never felt rushed. We had my teenaged kids ages 17 &19 as well as my mother who is 70 with us. Each of us had a great time and he was wonderful to answer all of our questions. You can get in touch with him through Marva's web site at knowjamacia.com. We also used Marva in Jamacia and I would really encourage you to use her services too!

That is what we did in Grand Cayman last week. There were MANY vans just waiting outside the pier to take tourists on tours. They hold up signs with the destinations and prices. We asked a port authority person in the pier area if it was safe. And she said "Oh definitely!" and called one of the drivers over to talk to us.

We had 12 passengers in our van. It cost us $20 a person. The driver took us to Hell, Tortuga Rum Cake Factory and Store, 7 mile beach, the Conch House, and all over the island. He was very interesting and knowledgable about his home.

After he had dropped everyone off, we asked him for some restaurant recommendations. He said "Jump back in! I will take you to my favorite restaurant!" We ended up having a delicious buffet lunch.

He was so nice and it was a great tour! Grand Cayman was our favorite port on our cruise last week! After lunch, we shopped and just walked around Georgetown.

It sounds like you had a great time ! Do you remember the name of the guide and anyway that we could contact him? thanks so much for the feedback.

It sounds like you had a great time ! Do you remember the name of the guide and anyway that we could contact him? thanks so much for the feedback.

No, unfortunately I don't. He was just one of the many tour drivers waiting outside the pier.

We were in Grand Cayman last week and used Marva Shaw's son Javia as our tour guide. He lives on Cayman and was willing to take us anywhere we wanted to go and customized our tour for us. We went to rum point and to the St Pedro's castle tour and then he took us to a local restaurant for lunch. He was going to take us shopping, but we had laid around on the beach too long and needed to get back to the ship due to the long tender lines. We had a great time and never felt rushed. We had my teenaged kids ages 17 &19 as well as my mother who is 70 with us. Each of us had a great time and he was wonderful to answer all of our questions. You can get in touch with him through Marva's web site at knowjamacia.com. We also used Marva in Jamacia and I would really encourage you to use her services too!

Off one letter in the url http://knowjamaica.com/ Thanks for the link :-)

Archived