explorer kids program

jmlvv

i was wondering if anyone has any info on the kids program on the explorer....we were on ncl last year and this kids program was great, but we did not like ncl...we love rccl, but have never used the childrens program...any info would be appreciated. thanks

My children loves their kids program. Every time you drop your kids off they each get an ocean adventure dollar. These dollars add up over the length of the cruise and your kids get to spend them on neat merchandise at the end of the cruise. There are t-shirts, lanyards, key chains, stuffed animals, and base ball caps. My kids love their stuffed octopusses named "Inky" and "Stinky." They liked them even better because they bought them themselves with their own ocean adventure dollars that they had earned.:D

They also got to play on computers and gameboys. Another thing they liked was painting the pillowcases and bandanas. I think their favorite activity was getting their faces painted like pirates and going on a treasure hunt. One day they even made their own rubber balls. Boy were they proud of that!:D Overall, it was a big hit with them.:)

One thing to remember, go to the orientation meeting on the first night. Everyone gets an ocean adventure dollar just for attending and they give stuff away too.;)

We will be on the Explorer at the end of the month and my son can't wait to get back to the kids program. We were on the Mariner in April and he said he liked it better than the Disney program. They really do some fun things. They had a pirate parade one night that was hilarious. The wore bandanas and painted their faces then marched through the promenade to entertain everyone on the ship. They then proceded to go into the dining room during the late seating and entertained for everyone there too.

thank you for the resonse...although, i am quite unhappy with the amount of response that i have recieved...i read these boards daily, and respond to every question that i can...i think that it is terrible that i have received such a low response

Granted we were on the Mariner, not the Explorer, but my daughter (7) LOVED the kids club. Much more so than Disneys! Her only complaint was, when there were activities on the schedule, they didn't always get around to doing them.... other than that, she loved it! She even chose to go to dinner with the club on the nights that was available... something she told me prior to going on the cruise, that she wouldn't want to do. When we cruise next year, she's already asked if she can bring her Irish Dance gear, so she can take part in the clubs talent show.

Question about the kids club. How old do you have to be to be able to sign yourself in and out of the club? When is the best time to sign up for the club, initially? We have only been on Disney and with them, you can sign up as soon as you board, and you are given a pager for the week in case they need to reach you. My 9 year old at the time, was able to sign in and out on her own.

Also, I noticed ther kids club is closed during meal times.Is this the case everyday, or is there one night when they can stay there for dinner?

Archived