Milk drinkers

sur

I am wondering if a person can get milk with their meals without an extra charge. The only thing I have seen mentioned is coffee, iced tea or juice not requiring a fee.

My husband and I are cruising on the Sun 4/15/07 out of New Orleans and we both like milk at some meals.

And the milk is great - even the fat-free milk. You would think milk is milk...now maybe it's the atmosphere - but man - that was some good milk!

There is a herd of cows on the lower decks. That is why the cruise ship's milk is always so fresh. :)

That remark about the cows reminded me of a comment our waitress made while brushing the crumbs off the table before serving dessert one night last week on the Pearl. As she was getting them, she said they needed them to make bread pudding the next night, and the assistant followed up with a comment about the extra ones going to the chickens that they kept below!

That remark about the cows reminded me of a comment our waitress made while brushing the crumbs off the table before serving dessert one night last week on the Pearl. As she was getting them, she said they needed them to make bread pudding the next night, and the assistant followed up with a comment about the extra ones going to the chickens that they kept below!

I was on a tour of the Celebrity Summit and those of us at the table starting talking about (purposely) cold soup. So I said, "You know what the cold soup is don't you?" Then I provided the answer - yesterday's hot soup. That is when I realized someone I hadn't noticed was laughing the hardest. The waiter had come back to pick up some plates and my joke apparently made his day.

Just a note for you chocolate fans, if you happen to go to a main dining room for breakfast (we usually do this on sea days when there's not a rush to do anything) and order hot chocolate they bring you a little pitcher of this wonderful rich concoction (several cups worth) with little hunks of chocolate floating in it! It is wonderful!

Not only to they have cows and chickens - on one cruise we had lunch in the dining room and someone asked for a tuna fish sandwich (not on the menu) and they said they could accomodate him, but it took so long for him to get it, my sister said that they must have gone fishing to get fresh tuna.

And the milk is great - even the fat-free milk. You would think milk is milk...now maybe it's the atmosphere - but man - that was some good milk!

man! that just made me laugh out loud! thanks for the chuckle!

Archived