Beno or Reyno Help !!!!!

tropicalwoman

Hello Glady-

I can recommend Reynold of Reyno Tours personally. Neither of the guys have websites, but both can be reached via email, usually within 24 hours.

reynotours@hotmail.com

The pricing is usually around $40 pp, but this can fluctuate depending on your personal needs if you're booking something different than the normal island tour, etc.

Have a great time!

We can also personally recommend Beno. He picked us up at the ship on time, gave us a great tour and delivered us back to the ship. He is a great person who gives a great deal of information about his country and also about his personal life (i.e. you learn about the school systen that his children participate in). We highly recommend Beno!:)

We had a wonderful tour with Reyno in Feb! He gives you an awesome day for your money.He doesnt have his webiste up and running yet,but is very prompt with his emails...reynotours@hotmail.com Dot

Glady-

Were you able to get a hold of the two Tour Operators you asked about yet- Reyno and Beno??

Just checking on you and hoping you are able to plan a great day in Dominica :)

Beno and Reyno are both terrific tour guides. You can't go wrong booking with either of them. I would suggest you research the reviews and that way, you will know you're in good hands with either of them. I personally recommend Beno because I've used him twice in the past couple of years and he was fantastic, but I know from meeting Reyno and reading the reviews on him, he's also a good choice.

I just realized that I forgot to welcome you back stillfloatin'...... Did you do a different tour this time around?? Love to hear how your day was and if you got to visit any new sites on Dominica..

I just realized that I forgot to welcome you back stillfloatin'...... Did you do a different tour this time around?? Love to hear how your day was and if you got to visit any new sites on Dominica..

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, this time we had a very special personal tour where Beno took us to see his home where he grew up and to meet his relatives who still work the land there. We got to see where all of them would stay up for days processing bay leaves for extra Christmas money for the family. He (very humorously) showed us what he did and how he sometimes fell asleep at the job.

At the end of the day, his wife and children met us close to port and his wife presented us with family photos. It was a very emotionally satisfying day, much like I expect you will experience when you reunite again with Reyno. And it was a very special treat when Beno introduced me to Reyno and we got to share some laughs and good fellowship. I think we are very fortunate to have friends such as these so far from home.

Hey Stillfloatin',glad you enjoyed your time in Dominica.Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Im looking forward to another trip to Dominica as Reyno has promised me another great day too! The only problem Im having is trying to fit another trip in.Doesnt look like it will be anytime in the near future :(

Theres never enough time to vacation..its always work,work work! :) Dot

Thanks for the welcome. Yes' date=' this time we had a very special personal tour where Beno took us to see his home where he grew up and to meet his relatives who still work the land there. We got to see where all of them would stay up for days processing bay leaves for extra Christmas money for the family. He (very humorously) showed us what he did and how he sometimes fell asleep at the job.

At the end of the day, his wife and children met us close to port and his wife presented us with family photos. It was a very emotionally satisfying day, much like I expect you will experience when you reunite again with Reyno. And it was a very special treat when Beno introduced me to Reyno and we got to share some laughs and good fellowship. I think we are very fortunate to have friends such as these so far from home.[/quote']

This sounds so so wonderful!! What a great reunion and you even met new family there..... I'm so very jealous! :)

tropicalwoman: you're welcome. Answering questions and helping each other is what cc is all about.

pholter: your turn will come with Reyno, I'm sure. Do you have a date in mind for a return cruise to Dominica? Does the Destiny still go there? Our first time, we were on the Destiny. This past time on the NCL Pearl. Loved both ships, but I'm quite the fan now of Freestyle dining flexability but I know lots of people prefer the standard dining options of most cruise lines. That said, the Destiny will always be one of my fave ships. I'm not sure when we'll return to Dominica again because we're thinking Panama Canal for our 08 cruise.

• 3 months later...

I would go with Beno all the way!

Beno gave us a private tour of Glassy Point on the Southern part of the island. It was a great 1 1/2 hr hike through the rainforest and to the rocky coastline of the Atlantic. Beno went the extra mile to give us the tour we wanted and the price was fair as well.

Beno can be found at benonaturetours.com and quickly respjds to e-mails.

Happy hiking!

-Jason

I would go with Beno all the way!

Beno gave us a private tour of Glassy Point on the Southern part of the island. It was a great 1 1/2 hr hike through the rainforest and to the rocky coastline of the Atlantic. Beno went the extra mile to give us the tour we wanted and the price was fair as well.

Beno can be found at benonaturetours.com and quickly respjds to e-mails.

Happy hiking!

-Jason

This is what is so great about hiring your own tour guide instead of the mass-market cruise excursions. We also used Beno, but our tour was completely different than yours, because he tailors each tour to the interests and abilities of his clients and we were less about the physical aspects and more into the cultural. Pretty cool that this island has so much to offer for so many different interests. And Beno can arrange whatever you want. Glad to hear you enjoyed your day with him. Isn't Dominica amazing?

Oh no! He is alive and almost well! BUt he has been very sick and just got out of the hospital. Please send up some prayers for him,Im sure he will appreciate it! He gives wonderful tours and has a great staff! GIve him a try! Dot

I keep reading he died-is this true?

http://flathat.wm.edu/2003-04-25/story.php?type=1&aid=5

Hey,isnt that story about someone in Williamsburg,Virginia??? Reyno is very much in Dominica. The mans name in the story was Alex Reyno...Reyno is a nickname for Reynold,as that is his first name,not last like this person. Is there a thread where others think our Reyno died?? Id like to tell them he is very much alive and ready to take on his new touring season!! This guy,(God rest his sole) looks nothing like Reyno! A totally different person,Im happy to say! Dot

Is there a thread where others think our Reyno died?? Id like to tell them he is very much alive and ready to take on his new touring season!! This guy,(God rest his sole) looks nothing like Reyno! A totally different person,Im happy to say! Dot

I didn't know Reyno was ill. I'm so sorry to hear that. This past March, while on a tour with Beno, I had the opportunity to meet Reyno, or as Beno introduced him, "my good friend and good competitor." He was funny, sincere, and a real pleasure to spend time with. I've always felt these two guys really know how to show their country to us cruisers. If you are in contact with him, please tell him that Monica sends her best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I didn't know Reyno was ill. I'm so sorry to hear that. This past March' date=' while on a tour with Beno, I had the opportunity to meet Reyno, or as Beno introduced him, "my good friend and good competitor." He was funny, sincere, and a real pleasure to spend time with. I've always felt these two guys really know how to show their country to us cruisers. If you are in contact with him, please tell him that Monica sends her best wishes for a speedy recovery![/quote']

I will tell him and I know he will be glad to hear from you. He is truly a wonderful man, a very humble,good man. Im sure he would ask for your prayers as he asks me almost daily. As you know,Beno and Reyno depend on us for their lively hood.Im sure Beno takes his business as servios as Reyno does. I told Reyno he needs to learn to relax more! Take a cruise! LOL..Thank you for your concern. Dot

I will tell him and I know he will be glad to hear from you. He is truly a wonderful man, a very humble,good man. Im sure he would ask for your prayers as he asks me almost daily. As you know,Beno and Reyno depend on us for their lively hood.Im sure Beno takes his business as servios as Reyno does. I told Reyno he needs to learn to relax more! Take a cruise! LOL..Thank you for your concern. Dot

Thank you Dot! And wouldn't it be fun if all of us who have toured with these great guys through the years could all get together and give THEM a vacation to remember!

Yes,that would be wonderful and I know they would love it! I wish I didnt work and could still afford vacations! I would love to go back to Dominica for a land trip even..he had promised me a great time! :) Dot

Archived