Whats the difference???

alb1956

Whats the difference if any, between Formal night....the captains party and past guest party?? Probably a dumb question but I was just wondering.....We will be celebrating our anniversary onboard and it happens to be on a Thursday night. Isn't that one of the nights of one of the "parties"??? I wanted to have dinner at the Supper Club on that night but if I do will I miss one of the "parties"??? We're going on a 7 day Western Caribbean aboard the Glory.....Cant wait!!!:D

Whats the difference if any, between Formal night....the captains party and past guest party?? Probably a dumb question but I was just wondering.....We will be celebrating our anniversary onboard and it happens to be on a Thursday night. Isn't that one of the nights of one of the "parties"??? I wanted to have dinner at the Supper Club on that night but if I do will I miss one of the "parties"??? We're going on a 7 day Western Caribbean aboard the Glory.....Cant wait!!!:D

The captains party is held right before dinner, they are all on formal night. The past guest party is a 45 minute party held on 5 day and longer cruises for past guests, it is more of a casual event, both events very crowded... The past guest party varies as to the day it's held, you will get an invite in your cabin letting you know the day and time. Captains party is the first formal night... there are 2 formal nights.

The Captains Party is a cocktail party that takes place before the first Formal Diner (there is no formal night on Carnival).

The past guest party is a cocktail party held exclusively for past guests on cruises of 5 or more days. It happens on a different day and does not necessarily preceed a formal dinner.

I'm not quite sure what Duck meant by that....unless that it isn't called "formal night" by the ship's personnel. (Only we passengers have been using that phrase - for a long time.);)

I've never seen the words "Formal Night" on any printed information from the ship, like the Capers. It's announced as the 'Captain's Gala Welcome Aboard Party', with suggested dress code (formal) for the evening, and sometimes is followed by a little hint that it's nice to stay dressed formally for the entire evening.:)

Archived